Tank Journal Archive

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Equipment
So went a bit nuts on the old bank account over the weekend; one of the purchases was not something I could pass up as it was exactly what I was wanting to buy, only a hell of alot cheaper than brand new!!

Weekend purchases included; goodies such as:

CoralBox 500
CoralBox ATO
Some more overflow combs (for my macro section in the fuge)
Hydra 52 with hanging kit and director

Installed the jebao dct4000 on the weekend as well, here are my initial thoughts ..

Anyone that says they are silent needs to have their ears checked! Whilst they are not as noisy as some other pumps i've owned, it's far from dead silent, slight whine. Sad to say, the waveline dc4000 was actually quieter than this pump. And true to Jebao workmanship, the power sparks when you put the power into the controller! My wavemakers do this as well

Build Quality, they are bricks! quite solid but ask me again in 12 months and i'll revert back with quality after running non stop for a few months.

Controller, it's a controller, enough said. Lights go up, lights go down, lights go off .... oh wait I pulled the power again as I like sparklers!!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
You'll love the skimmer, they really do a brilliant job - at least they really are silent.
You're correct about the return pumps, they aren't that quiet. Mine has a "whine" to it but I can't seem to find anything else that pumps that volume and is silent and doesn't require a second mortgage.
All the best with the build - following.