Reef Discussion

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
Eunice?? Video
I got some good red gel for my torch and did some exploring tonight as I'm still trying to catch a hairy crab and found many of these worms. I also spotted another actual eunice worm chewing on rock about 2-3 inches, same as the one I found in my filter sock a couple weeks back. Anyone can identify them? They didn't seem to have the marking near the head like an eunice and also no tentacles.

Attachments

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
Oh video didn't seem to work. Tried from the phone. Well it hangs around like this (middle of photo)
image.png

Then shoots out and grabs at rock like below.
image.png

There was a pod near were it grabbed at so it might have been shooting for that. And wow I have a lot of large pods in this tank. The six line gets all the small ones I guess and leaves the ones to big for his little mouth.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Hard to tell from the pic but could be a peanut worm. When it stretches out does it look like it comes from the inside out?
If it is they don't cause any harm. There's a couple getting around in my tank.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
After i replied I looked in my tank before leaving for work and saw a couple searching for food lol
What's the red gel u got for your torch? I've been meaning to get some kind of red light for ages to have a look after lights out.

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
It's gel meant for a camera flasher. Can get like 20 colours for like $10 on eBay. Plus after playing with the torch I turned my red lights on real low on my hydra 26 and that worked well to.

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
Nothing to fear I didn't know what it was. I know I have a couple Eunice worms in there and wasn't sure if they were small ones. All good with peanuts.