Tank Journal Archive

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Everything Is Going Well, New Additions And Photos
The tank is going well!

On the weekend I got another peppermint shrimp. As soon as he was assimilated and put into the tank and the other shrimp came out almost immediately! They are the best of friends! Except when it is feeding time... They can get a bit aggressive.

I also got an orange sea star, something I am now apprehensive about. I mean, from reading they appear to be hard to keep and difficult, if that is the case then I don't really want it.

But nonetheless I will see how it goes if things look to be going bad then it will be removed!

Now... Days of our hermit crab lives:
They aren't fighting, but as you may have read in my previous entry... Cassie, the smallest one has donned herself a shell WAYYYY too big. She keeps getting stuck. I swear the other crab Nick (or NK for short, although it is two syllables, it just sounds cool), just laughs and hangs around teasing her. Poor thing, but I have put in a few other shells so hopefully she might drop the ego act and move into a more appropriately size shell!

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Front profile:
IMG_8737.jpg

Right hand view:
IMG_8739.jpg

Left hand view:
IMG_8741.jpg

DeWalt

May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yep, looking very healthy mate.

My cespitularia doesn't extend its polyps as nicely as yours do. It grows like a weed and puts out runners everywhere but I wish I can get it to reach up and open like that. Well done.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Yep, looking very healthy mate.

My cespitularia doesn't extend its polyps as nicely as yours do. It grows like a weed and puts out runners everywhere but I wish I can get it to reach up and open like that. Well done.
I've found moderate/strong indirect flow and a feed of phytoplankton opens it up well!!

This thing LOVES the flow, as soon as i turn the powerhead off for maintenance it gets sooooo droppy!

Thanks! Im glad you like the tank!