Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Exciting News! New Lights & Skimmer!
So for quite some time, I've been tossing up which lighting unit i ultimately wanted to run over the new tank. It was honestly between the Kessil A360WE and Ecotech Radion Pro. For some key factors, they both have back mounting options which adds a nice appeal.. more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. I know both units can easily keep corals growing and thriving so that wasn't the issue. Biggest issue was which one looked better..

I didn't have to decide, my missus has ordered me the Kessil A360WE with the goose neck and 90 degree elbow connection for that flush look over the tank. I also took this opportunity of ordering me the Innovative Marine Ghost skimmer as wells. Happy days I say.

Its such a low profile looking unit:

kessil-a360we-tuna-sun-led.jpg

Ghost_Skim_2-650x650.jpg

Last edited:

MQ-9

Nov 25, 2014
I am a kessil fan boy too, welcome to the club. I'm going to need a few more to do my display upgrade, only now I am all torn up though over the ai prime, can see aoa sale causing me trouble with wife if I click this button. Not sure how long I can go without clicking it, not known for will power.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I am a kessil fan boy too, welcome to the club. I'm going to need a few more to do my display upgrade, only now I am all torn up though over the ai prime, can see aoa sale causing me trouble with wife if I click this button. Not sure how long I can go without clicking it, not known for will power.
Yeah I was thinking of getting the Ai primes, We had the sales rep from aquablue come by my shop to inform us all the new stuff coming. But for my tank, Id actually need two for no shadowing where as the single kessil will do the tank perfectly.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Loving my Kessil ... Well except for the fan noise. Sending it back for a replacement next week.

That skimmer is sexy too, hope it does a good job.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
how do you find the kessil mate?
Hey @MTG I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I have personally played around with it and personally.. I think its one heck of a unit and the colour mix it gives off is "natural" as much as its thrown around and being leds. It really does look natural