Tank Journal Archive

Zucckeeno

Oct 13, 2014
Sydney
Existing System
So i have decided to rebuild my tank, i would have liked to upgrade to a larger tank however house size and other reasons have unfortunatly prevented an upgrade.

This is my system as it stands today, it looks ok and as you can see i have started to move towards SPS recently with little success.I have also recently had an issue with my powerheads there twin Jebao wp25's which suddenly decided to stop working after 14 months, well i guess you get what you pay for.

The major things i want to do include:

- Re-plumb the tank
- Upgrade the return pump, run all equiptment off the one pump
- Add bio pellet reactor
- Finish the cabinet
- Sort out the wiring, its a mess
- Rescape and reduce amount of live rock
- Upgrade and add RO reservior to the sump
- reduce bioload on the tank

Im sure there is anumber of other things that ill want to do over time so will add as required.

The plan is to set up a temporary system to house the rock, coral and fish, for this i have a 4x1.5x1 tank that i will be plumbing into a 4 foot sump i have, pics to follow.

So thats about it for now, i hope to have progress updates and pics up soon.

Attachments

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I'm about to redo my tank as well :)

Have a good think about what else you might want to do as you will loose the opportunity once it is all put back together...

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Damn nice tank. Your Jebaos are the first I've heard of dying. I've had a few pairs in service for over 2 years now. Check the power supply to see if that's your issue, they use cheap laptop supplies and I've had 2 dodgy supplies, but the pumps are working brilliantly.

Zucckeeno

Oct 13, 2014
Sydney
Thanks reeferRob, it's been running for quite a while and I'm getting a little bored with it to be honest.

I worked out that the issue with my Jeabo's is that one of the pumps has and issue and when plugged into the controller it stops everything working. Unfortunately I discovered this after getting a new twin controller.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
If you bought them from Fish Street, send Eric an email and see what he says. Like I said earlier, mine are great other than the dodgy power supplies.