Reef Discussion

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Experiences with Koral Kolour?
hey guys,
just want some input on brightwell koral kolour. just recently bought some from K&J and want to hear about your experiences on the product. cheers :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
It's just trace elements guys

Ingredients: Purified water, proprietary blend of major, minor, and trace elements known to be incorporated into biological pigments (biochromes).

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
It's just trace elements guys

Ingredients: Purified water, proprietary blend of major, minor, and trace elements known to be incorporated into biological pigments (biochromes).
Doesn't mean it's bad though??

I dose it, just a tiny amount each day. No real way of telling if it does anything but I am happy with the colour of my SPS.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
i dose mine with it also. only 2 drops per day. the colours of my corals really do stand out. as for growth, i feed it reef roids and target feed the euphillia corals, zoas and chalices once to twice a week. this routine has got them growing BIG! if you go through the pics in my TJ you'll understand haha

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Doesn't mean it's bad though??

I dose it, just a tiny amount each day. No real way of telling if it does anything but I am happy with the colour of my SPS.
i didn't say it was bad i was just saying its the same as whats in NSW if you do regular water changes.

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
I dose it to my main coral system.

Hooked on the stuff everytime I try to get off it I notice dulling of certain corals blue acro, pink poccy's, purple / pinks in hammer corals. Don't use it or you can be addicted, its very hard to stop I am trembling now just thinking about stopping. :p

I only use at half the recommended rate, greens dulled at the full dose.

Not sure what's actually in it ?? possibly just Potassium, Iron, etc but it seems very potent for the volume added.

I don't dose anything else elemental other than two part plus potassium iodide.

Pete

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I dose it to my main coral system.

Hooked on the stuff everytime I try to get off it I notice dulling of certain corals blue acro, pink poccy's, purple / pinks in hammer corals. Don't use it or you can be addicted, its very hard to stop I am trembling now just thinking about stopping. :p

I only use at half the recommended rate, greens dulled at the full dose.

Not sure what's actually in it ?? possibly just Potassium, Iron, etc but it seems very potent for the volume added.

I don't dose anything else elemental other than two part plus potassium iodide.

Pete
I think it is a concentration of the not commonly added elements of NSW, similar to the zeo macro elements