Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Feb 2016 Quick Vid
Quick update, dog is doing well and recovering slowly but well. Haven't had an opportunity to do much with the tank lately, but it's probably a good thing as it is looking pretty good. Took a quick and nasty video on the go pro today, need to finish building the motor section of my camera slider and remember to shut the curtains to get rid of the reflections next time.

Anyway, enjoy!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Wow. Had to watch it about 5 times. Such great depth you see something new everytime. Great video, awesome way to showcase the tank. I can only imagine the next best thing to seeing it in person.
Good to hear your dogs recovering.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Wow. Had to watch it about 5 times. Such great depth you see something new everytime. Great video, awesome way to showcase the tank. I can only imagine the next best thing to seeing it in person.
Good to hear your dogs recovering.
Flattered with that comment mate, cheers :)

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Im not used to seeing soo many fish, inspires me to get some anthias to create some more movement in my own tank..Also jealous of that nice clean sand bed :)

Thanks for sharing. Felt like you had your camera on a linear rail

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Very nice that Dallas is huge!
haha yeah, it'd come along leaps and bounds. That angle doesn't really show how big it is either, from the side of the tank you can see how far backwards and upwards it has grown, super happy as I love dallas!

Im not used to seeing soo many fish, inspires me to get some anthias to create some more movement in my own tank..Also jealous of that nice clean sand bed :)

Thanks for sharing. Felt like you had your camera on a linear rail
Yeah.... I do love my fish. Probably at the sacrifice of nicer corals, but you know - that's where mixed reefing is at :) Sand bed never used to be that clean, was fortunate enough to have Dave from Deerpark swing by whilst he was in town one day and he suggested I grab a couple sand sifting star fish. They took a couple of months, but have done a fantastic job in keeping the sand clear. I also do a zeo-zym treatment now and then which seems to help a bit too

Stunning Sam , I hope your Dog is ok? , what happen?
Cheers mate, yeah dog is coming along well. She ruptured a disc in her back which calcified up and squashed the spinal cord leaving her back half paralysed. She is a couple weeks post surgery (f%*cking expensive surgery..) and is getting decent motion in her legs again. Hopefully be able to walk on her own very small distances soon. More details here: http://thereefuge.com/threads/no-sump-update-for-a-fair-whele.14172/#post-175791

Cheers, sam

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I'm really glad to hear little Olive still making a recovery :) The tank is looking superb Sam, you've really got yourself an amazing tank :D

I'm going to ask that question which will be a pain for you because I know you have just a couple fish in there ;) but what have you got in there at the moment?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I'm really glad to hear little Olive still making a recovery :) The tank is looking superb Sam, you've really got yourself an amazing tank :D

I'm going to ask that question which will be a pain for you because I know you have just a couple fish in there ;) but what have you got in there at the moment?
lol thanks for that..... Let me see if I can remember them all:

Tygerpyge
Flame Hawk
Purple Tang
Kole Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Foxface
Pair of picasso clowns
6x Lyretail Anthias
4x GBR Chromis
2x Blue/Green Chromis
Red candy hog
Yellow Candy hog
6x Glass cardinals

I think that's it :D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
lol thanks for that..... Let me see if I can remember them all:

Tygerpyge
Flame Hawk
Purple Tang
Kole Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Foxface
Pair of picasso clowns
6x Lyretail Anthias
4x GBR Chromis
2x Blue/Green Chromis
Red candy hog
Yellow Candy hog
6x Glass cardinals

I think that's it :D
A nice hearty bioload :D love the mix but it needs more angels :P

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
A nice hearty bioload :D love the mix but it needs more angels :p
I spoke too soon... My undecided sex Anthias finally decided it was going to run the show. There was an uprising!! Lucky to get the male out and into other tank to either recover or die.

Moral of the story, having five girls will eventually kill you...