Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
February Update
Starting to spend a bit of time tidying up a few bits and pieces within the cabinet that needed doing.
My slide out draw with all the control units was just too crowded and wasn't working like I intended. I wanted to have easier access to the controls so I moved them out to the door everything is great now. Plus the access to each of the equipment power plugs is easy as now. It's great to design your cable layout so that it's all but hidden but can be a pain in the arse if you need to remove a piece of equipment without pulling the whole lot out.
Anyway, all fixed now.

IMG_0376.JPG

I have rather limited space in the apartment to keep a decent amount of water for changes so I rearranged my cupboard under the stairs (kicked Harry out) and added a 100L drum from Bunnings. This gives me 160L now which now gives me more changes without a constant restock.

IMG_0404.JPG

Speaking of water, @somethingfishy76 and @jaspass did another brilliant run to the Gold Coast and collected 960L between us of crystal clear water. Big thanks to Gerhard for his great water collection setup.

IMG_0405.JPG

I'm really starting to see the overall improvement to the corals in both growth and colour that the Radions have given.
I really was a huge advocate for the Ethereals but these are in another league. So many of my corals, especially the zoas, are showing and gaining colours I never knew I had. Plus the amount of control you have over these lights is outstanding. I'm still waiting for my Reeflink to come back into stock so I don't have to drag out the old PC.

IMG_0433.JPG

Lovely and peaceful in the tank now that the Sailfin has been moved on. He was really dominating the others.
So I'll just settle back for a while and watch everything grow out and fill the spaces.