Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
gee they are all very polite, Tangs with manners, well done, mine are nothing like that. The seaweed is gone in about 30sec's lol
Very nice indeed. I love Tangs !!! :)

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
gee they are all very polite, Tangs with manners, well done, mine are nothing like that. The seaweed is gone in about 30sec's lol
Very nice indeed. I love Tangs !!! :)
Still a few more to come, let's hope they have manners too!

A clown, Atlantic, orange shoulder, white cheek still to come! Looking forward to them getting here!

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
So very excited! Today I got 3 more tangs for my group (my last fish I think for this tank)!

Will get pictures as soon as everyone settles in, I got a Atlantic tang, Orange shoulder tang, White cheek tang!

So now my finished fish list is:
2x occurs clowns (laying)
10x blue/green chromis
2x banggai cardinals
1x falco hawk fish
1x sailfin tang
1x purple tang
1x mimic tang
1x naso lippy tang
1x atlantic tang
1x orange shoulder tang
1x white cheek tang

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
That's probably the nicest Mimic tang I've seen in a LONG time mate! His colour is fantastic.
Cheers mate! Little sad though, the mimic is changing colours now! The orange shoulder tang is the bright yellow one now, he is so skinny though it makes me mad at how they treat fish for sale!

Glad the 7 tangs are playing nice! In fact they have made up a school, swim together all the time.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I don't know how the quarantine process works in Australia, but I would venture a guess food is sparse to say the least. Here, a fish hasn't eaten in 4 days at least, then it gets to me and if it's on its way to the west coast, it's another day. If I see a fish in a shipment that's in distress, it stays here and I send an email to the customer that it was held over and will go out the following shipment. I have an 80% recovery rate and that's why people buy from me. I don't make the huge margins most of the others do, but my specimens are treated with respect and if that costs me a few dollars so be it.

Here's the way I treat fish like that. Get some veggie pellets, New Life Spectrum are a damn good pellet food. Get a clean plastic or glass cup and dip out about 10 ml tank water and add in 1ml Seachem Plus to it and let the pellets soften for about 10 minutes and try to target feed the one that's skinny. One of the issues with tangs is to try to repopulate the flora in their gut as soon as you can and get as many vitamins, minerals and calories in as well to get their fat stores back up. Look for pellets with the highest fat content because most sea creatures energy is fat derived. Acanthurus tangs will eat plankton and I will feed them that as well.