Tank Journal Archive

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Figured Out The Back Chamber! Aka - Shipping From The States Is Ridiculous!
In what seems to be a never ending quest to update/trick out the Nuvo. I've went ahead and ordered some products from InTank. I searched hours to try and find an Aussie dealer but ended up contacting Steve directly and he told me that they don't have one...yet.

Anywho. Picked up an InTank media basket, a fuge basket and a submersible light (they came together)
So I've figured out the order/placement of things for the back as well.

viewing from the front of the tank keeping in mind water comes from both sides:
media basket/fuge/return/skimmer/reactor

Media basket:
Plan on running Filter floss, Purigen and Cemi-pure Elite.

Fuge:
Cheato!

In the reactor I'm going to make the plunge and order some Bio Pellets. I have the reactor chamber feeding into the skimmer one to hopefully help control the blooms etc that can come from firing up one of these too quickly.

I think this setup will give me the extra bit of help in keeping the sps pristine.

I'm still having to stuff the skimmer chamber with filter floss but I'm also spending less time dialing it in, so I'm hoping it's almost there. For being an empty tank I'm pretty impressed with the color of the stuff in the cup already!

Next step is ordering/buying my ATO this weekend and then next weekend a clean up crew!!!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I searched hours to try and find an Aussie dealer but ended up contacting Steve directly and he told me that they don't have one...yet.
If the IM range becomes more popular down here I'll be looking to stock the InTank products. Already have a fair amount of the RSM range, but IM was a bit too new to market last time I placed an order. Plus there are lots of IM options for tanks so makes choosing a few to stock tricky :p

But yes, shipping from the US is a killer! Glad you went that route though and are doing it properly.