Tank Journal Archive

Jemma

Dec 21, 2015
Fill Time!
Fill day!

I got this tank for my birthday from my boss and amazing work team as they know have wanted to make the leap to salt for a long time!

I decided to make a trip down to Perth Aquarium gallery to get 2 tubs of salt water, some rock and some sand to get this project on the road and cycling.

I planned to use the dead rock and use the shrimp method to start my cycle... Later I changed my mind...

Got home, added sand, rock and water and it looks pretty cool!

After a few days, I decided to pull of the dead rock and replace with live rock I bought on gumtree.

Live rock starts coming to life immediately with little pineapple sponge, bristle worms and after 2 days pods...? I think that's what they are!

More to come! Stay tuned

Attachments

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Nice little tank! What are your plans with it?
Also, :welcome

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Yay! I can't wait to follow your journey!! :)

This is a wonderfully forum, it's a community of great people - you'll be glad you've joined!

Jemma

Dec 21, 2015
Nice little tank! What are your plans with it?
Also, :welcome
I was thinking ultimate plan is one really nice anemone and a pair of clowns along with a goby/shrimp pair. I was hoping to have something really simple and stunning...well that's the plan! No doubt there will be some learning curbs along the way as well as some heart break hahaha!