Finally . . . After 2 Years

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Mar 1, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    At last my Premnas clowns have decided to pair up.
    I received them from @Dr. Schell about 2 years ago and they never got around to sorting out the female/male thing.
    They would argue every now and then but would keep to themselves at each end of the tank.
    One stayed in the Nem while the other was trying to host in a patch of eagle eye zoas (much to my annoyance)
    They didn't develop as normal, staying brown and not turning the beautiful deep maroon and yellow banding they should have.
    Over the last 6 months or so, one has grown slightly larger and darker which I presumed to be the female, the other has stayed a lighter colour.
    So, yesterday I noticed the lighter one trying to acclimatise to the Nem by briefly brushing it and mouthing the ends.
    By the end of the day they were both thoroughly enjoying each others company in the Nem and haven't left it since.
    I'm hoping now that now they will progress with their growth and colouring.
    This pic shows the colour difference quite well.

clowns-together.jpg
    • Love It! Love It! x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Agent M

Agent M Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,797
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    That will be nice for Dr. Schell to see
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr.Reeefer

Mr.Reeefer my name is Brock

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Australia
    State:
    Nsw
    You must be so happy after waiting so long, congrats!!:D
    I am yet to experience this, and i know i'm going to fell so damn happy when it happens.