Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Finally Filled! Let The Cycling Begin!
After sorting out a few minor issues with the tank, i can finally enjoy the cycling process! (is that even possible?)
Got some live rock in the fuge and also put a mini pump in the dedicated frag section to increase flow. this would be pretty important if it were to house sps frags as there was very minimal flow in there.
it is all used base rock in the DT so no critters to look out for during the cycle.
Anyways enough talking...PICS!!

dedictaed frag rack.jpg

fill 1.jpg

fill 2.jpg

refugium.jpg

sump.jpg

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks guys! ill be running a custom made light that Dave at deer park has made and will be bringing in. 8 channels, fully programmable, dimmable, has a remote control, LED full spectrum with a mix of cree and bridgelux LEDS. pretty much looks like an illumagic blaze @JimmyDang :)

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Love the sump/cabinet what an awesome setup for such a small space.
Got anymore info on that light?

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Love the sump/cabinet what an awesome setup for such a small space.
Got anymore info on that light?
thanks mate! yeah a lot of careful thought was put into it! a lot of suggestions from dave made it possible :) thats it unfortunately. but if you're interested, speak to Dave from deer park and he can give you all the info you need :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looks wicked mate!! Love the design of it all and gee that R6i certainly looks a beauty in the sump :P Awesome compact design of the sump though
Are you going to add more rock to it or going minimal look in the tank? :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Looks wicked mate!! Love the design of it all and gee that R6i certainly looks a beauty in the sump :p Awesome compact design of the sump though
Are you going to add more rock to it or going minimal look in the tank? :)
thanks mate! ill be going with the minamilistic look. i want ample space for the fish to swim. i might add a few little bits here and there just to blend the scape a little but we'll see :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
thanks mate! ill be going with the minamilistic look. i want ample space for the fish to swim. i might add a few little bits here and there just to blend the scape a little but we'll see :)
Looks really good, I do like the minimalist look :) What sort of corals are you going to keep as the dominate type in the tank?? Also great fish list, gotta have a dwarf angel in there :D

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Looks really good, I do like the minimalist look :) What sort of corals are you going to keep as the dominate type in the tank?? Also great fish list, gotta have a dwarf angel in there :D
thanks :D hmm at the moment im thinking mixed reef leaning more towards SPS. at the moment its 60% sps 40% LPS and softies. yeah still undecided as to what dwarf angel i want haha.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
thanks :D hmm at the moment im thinking mixed reef leaning more towards SPS. at the moment its 60% sps 40% LPS and softies. yeah still undecided as to what dwarf angel i want haha.
Like the sounds of that mix :) Can't go without lots of sps though :D
I would have a tank of them if they didn't squabble so much but I'm happy with my little yellow tail pygmy :D They're so hard to choose the right one aren't they :P

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Like the sounds of that mix :) Can't go without lots of sps though :D
I would have a tank of them if they didn't squabble so much but I'm happy with my little yellow tail pygmy :D They're so hard to choose the right one aren't they :p
yeah there is so many choices! haha

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
hey Daniel a little off topic but the pic in your tank journals picture , where is that from?
hey leo, just a pic off the internet. really liked the look of that scape and wanted to re-create it, but the dimensions of my tank weren't really suited to it

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
yeah i really like that scape ive been trying to find it lol if you hav any luck finding the TJ for it and then share it lol