Reef Discussion

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Finally . . The Move
After 5 long months having my tank amazingly cared for by @somethingfishy76, the move is finally on tomorrow morning.
We've got it all worked out pretty well and don't expect any hiccups. Besides what could possibly go wrong?
I'll post some pics of the event for everyone's amusement.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Started at 8.00am finished by 1.30 - everything went as smooth as silk.

image.jpeg
Started at 8.
Draining the tank - all the corals are out and in a heated bin - rest of the rocks about to go
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Drained and sand out
image.jpeg

All loaded and ready to go

image.jpeg

Everything in its new home and ready to assemble.

image.jpeg

Spent about an hour working out a scape that we were happy with and came up with a great one. Had to warm some of the water to get everything up,to temp and and then in went the fish (poured) and then the corals.
The fish took about 15 min to come out and start cruising around picking at the rocks - no stress no agro - brilliant.
The tank gets a fantastic bath of afternoon sun if I want - it looks great with the sun streaming through the tank.
Time for some Guzman Y Gomez and a beer (we had already had a couple of working beers) to finish the day off.
Again, I can't thank @somethingfishy76 enough for all his help today and over the past 5 months, I wouldn't be sitting in front of this amazing tank right now without his help.

Last edited:

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Geez you've had a good couple of weeks Dave! New car, keys to the house, you got to see me and now you can sit back with a beer and relax in front of the tank home :D

Glad to hear it went smoothly mate :D

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Geez you've had a good couple of weeks Dave! New car, keys to the house, you got to see me and now you can sit back with a beer and relax in front of the tank home :D

Glad to hear it went smoothly mate :D
Seeing you was of course the top of the list haha

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
It was a nice looking piece and I am sure you won't notice the frag soon. May things continue smoothly for you. Look forward to seeing you again when you host the national catch up next year.....