Tank Journal Archive

Finally The Tank Is Running, Roof Repaired And All Is Well Once Again.
Yesterday and over the last three days we had the roofing contractor and painter around to fix the three places in our house where water caused damage to the ceiling. By 5pm I was in a position to fill and with the help of the fasted bloke in Brisbane, Mr @daveH, we set apon filling and scaping. It was frantic as today I'm working and these things never happen quickly. Even though my cleaner wrasse couldn't help himself and hitchhiked in the first rock that was carried over. It all went pretty smoothly thanks to the tank being tested, run for four weeks with no leaks or issues. We where don around 9:30pm.... can wait to get home and see the water crystal clear tonight.

IMG_2496.JPG

Dave has some more photo's so maybe he can upload some.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
That looks outstanding !!! Well done !!!
I can't wait to visit this tank one day.
"Bos befok my boetie!"

Last edited:

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
The transfer went really well, the only things that slowed us down was levelling the tank. No matter how well you set it up it ends up being a fiddley job. And we had a bit of a job cooling down the stored water. Once we got those out the way, it was rocks in, corals in, fish in.
The all important scaping
IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

Getting the mechanics installed

IMG_0367.JPG

Fish in

IMG_0369.JPG

Everything in and looking brilliant

IMG_0373.JPG

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I sure hope you both didn't have your shirts off :p hahaha

Looks absolutely fantastic Gerhard :D and I can only imagine how it's going to look in the next 12 months too! Hopefully everyone is settling in to their new homes really well :)