Tank Journal Archive

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Both critters are very cute. :)

Just a quick question re your fluke management process. Are you using baths or adding medication directly to your QT?

Thanks for your time,
Angie

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi Angie -
I smashed the flukes in less than 24 hours with a product called Kusuri Discus Wormer. This product I have used a lot on freshwater and tested it on saltwater a couple of times. Last time I put it in the SPS tank and it was ok on the SPS.

Prazi is also very good but it works differently to the way flubendazole works (Kusuri)
Also you can try Vertonex , but I could see my angel did not like that medication so I did a water change and used Flubendozodal.
In the past I have visited the vet and got Panacur ( flubendazole) and treated my freshwater fish for camelanus worms with that too.
Flubendazole is very safe to use even if you overdose ( which I have done on freshwater ) it breaks down over a few days so no need for water change.
Try Sydney discus world for a quick postage delivery for Kusuri discus wormer.

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Thanks for the reply.

Just trying to streamline my quarantine process to find a new approach for more sensitive fish, when it comes to dealing with assorted flukes.

What would be ideal is a long bath say every three days even over a few weeks because water quality and appetite could still be maintained.... So I'll add this one to the pharmacy cupboard and trial it.

Been using prazi for years, but always as a treatment for a few weeks in a qt. Know it doesn't cover all flukes, but very effective for the ones it does. My biggest problem is the binders affect water quality and, depending on the species, the fish's willingness to eat.:(

Might be time to try a few different approaches and see what works.. ;)

Btw good luck with the angel - it's a hottie! :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Thanks for the reply.

Just trying to streamline my quarantine process to find a new approach for more sensitive fish, when it comes to dealing with assorted flukes.

What would be ideal is a long bath say every three days even over a few weeks because water quality and appetite could still be maintained.... So I'll add this one to the pharmacy cupboard and trial it.

Been using prazi for years, but always as a treatment for a few weeks in a qt. Know it doesn't cover all flukes, but very effective for the ones it does. My biggest problem is the binders affect water quality and, depending on the species, the fish's willingness to eat.:(

Might be time to try a few different approaches and see what works.. ;)

Btw good luck with the angel - it's a hottie! :)
Thanks - get the Kusuri - it's great!