Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
That's cool- certainly opens up many avenues for investigation. Googles gonnna yield some great results.

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
This tank was done on a budget and I've never liked the stand= aqua One. Problem I could see was that this would easily warp if it absorbed water.
Anyway I'm on leave at the moment so did this yesterday using some of my old tiles that I keep ( I used to do a lot of mosaicing-can't do it so much anymore as hands hurt these days so would not be good at cutting the little pieces anymore)
Still needs finishing off but will hopefully do the trick. Have a large one outside x a few years using the same technique that the tiles have not fallen off and that has not warped.

Now to work out what to cover the opening with to hide all the crap that I store there and the wires- have got a pretty good idea of what I will do though

P1060417.JPG

P1060419.JPG

it actually does not detract from the tank at all- it seems to enhance it because of all the colours

(Problem is that now my hubby wants me to mosaic the freshwater tank stand too!)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
How about a mosaic of a fish or other marine critter as a front? Lot of work though but would look cool when done.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Priscacaras idea is good some sort of marine creature. A star fish would be cool. If your really good a blue nem and a pair of clowns lol

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks @Sarg;):D
Believe it or not, that small thing took the whole of yesterday to do- was grouted today

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Looks great! I had a try at a few small mosaics and they were very time consuming even if fun to do so you done a great job and so fast!

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
If I touched that one I think my hubby would have a fit. Someone was throwing it out years ago and we had the paint stripped off it and the wood fixed up
Having said that he's pretty used to coming home to find transformed furniture though especially stuff that I find as pavement specials. Have some great mid century danish chairs that I found this way- sorry- bit off topic