Tank Journal Archive

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
Tank looks great, nothing better than being able to put the first corals in - turns it form a moon scape into a marine tank IMO. Not sure why adding new corals would cause a mini cycle o_0. Once you get on top of your parameters get some colourful sticks in there.

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Tank looks great, nothing better than being able to put the first corals in - turns it form a moon scape into a marine tank IMO. Not sure why adding new corals would cause a mini cycle o_0. Once you get on top of your parameters get some colourful sticks in there.
Corals can come attached to rocks, and the transportation/holding process can cause die off in/on the rock.

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
Corals can come attached to rocks, and the transportation/holding process can cause die off in/on the rock.
I realise that but if the tank has already 'cycled' and has a build-up of the appropriate bacteria then the any nutrients are eaten up/cycled. The rock that comes attached to corals is minimal and die off on that rock even less so saying that you are going to get a mini cycle adding new corals is like telling me I am going to get a mini cycle every time I feed my fish IMO - could be wrong though (it did happen once before) :banghead.
From what I can see the corals added are very appropriate for first into the tank - not like some clown I know (me) who has a tank that is less than 3 months old and full of SPS :p