Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Fish List
Well as I doubt what I will do with the tank coral-wise, I'm going to start adding some life through the fish. At 40 gallons but also shallow with plenty of swimming space, I think I can stand to add a few.

Current inhabitants:
1x Black Clown
1x Yellow Coral Goby
1x Black Coral Goby

Potentials
1x Clown - just waiting to spot the right size mate for my current one, most I see are too small

Royal Gramma or Black Cap Basslet
awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_72303_black_cap_basslet.jpg
awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_72316_basslet.jpg

Fairy (not sure which are available here?) and/or Possum Wrasse

awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_90080_Longfin_Fairy.jpg
awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_74611_white_banded_possum_wrasse.jpg

Was also considering a Mystery Wrasse but damn they are expensive!

Yellow Watchman Goby & Shrimp
awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_39371_yellow_watchman.jpg

Dwarf Angel - I realise these can be hit and miss with coral but I am willing to give it a shot I think.
awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_66271_Flame_Tahiti.jpg

awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_66180_angel.jpg

awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_product_p_66414_Lemonpeel.jpg

So final stocking list could look like:
2x Clowns
2x Coral Gobies
1x Basslet
1x Wrasse
1x Goby
1x Angel

Sounds like a lot for me - I am not used to having many fish! But I think it would be okay for the tank size.

Next issue is that most of the fish listed are fairly pricey, so could be a fish per month deal ;)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Not even sure I should comment as fish aren't my thing but... go the Flasher :) Very showy and active. I thought Possum and Mystery Wrasse's were the same thing? They are a beautiful little fish but stay close to the rock work and disappear a lot. They are most happiest winding their way in and out of open rock.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
What about one of these

A naturally occurring hybrid Centropyge flavissimus x C. eibli,

areefbuilders.com_files_2009_07_tiger_pyge.jpg

It could be one fish a year given the price of these :rolleyes

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
One down ... Got a small blak clown from Reeflections. Considered quarantining it but I've been watching the batch for a month now and have never seen any signs. Risk I know.

He got chased for an hour or two but by that evening was hanging out in the hammers learnig the ways of a clownfish. Already inseparable.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Love the list Pete! :)
Possum wrasse are amazing and if I had a little less boisterous fish I would have them for sure! Tanaka's possum's are the best looking. White bands are second in line in my opinion :)

Dwarf angels are worth it too, I love my little guy and he's been a charm so far :) (touch wood lol)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wa a close call between this and a gramma, but when I looked at this guy closely I realised I had never quite appreciated how stunning they are.

The fool has decide to take refuge in the hammer rock the clowns are hosted by, so there is a bit of argy bargy going on right now ...