Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
god that sucks jimmy, keep your chin up mate you'll come back stronger some things are just uncontrollable sometimes

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Sorry to hear JD, always a shame. Must have been bad for clowns to go.

QT is the way to go, I would also look into why they have been having 'white spot' many times? Has to be an underlying problem in the tank. Might be a blessing this has happened, give you a good chance of eradicating it from your system

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Sorry to hear about your loss mate, if it helps I can donate my pair of B&W's to help you get started again.

I moved them down to the garage tank a few months back when they started trying to host my clam after a few years. I was trying to sell them but would be happy to give them to a good home, I can keep them until your ready as well.
Hey man, I couldn't do that to you man. And I don think I want to keep a pair of black clowns again after killing the first pair ay. Just that type not to go down the same road.. In terms of keeping fish. Probably just be keeping corals and inverts for a while than add fish down the track.

I do honestly appreciate the kindness man. It means a lot mate that you're willingly to offer up your own pair for me.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
god that sucks jimmy, keep your chin up mate you'll come back stronger some things are just uncontrollable sometimes
Yeah it sucks big time man. Yeah I guess you can say crap happens. Gotta do what I gotta do now. Move on and sort out the tank before I add any new fish.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Sorry to hear JD, always a shame. Must have been bad for clowns to go.

QT is the way to go, I would also look into why they have been having 'white spot' many times? Has to be an underlying problem in the tank. Might be a blessing this has happened, give you a good chance of eradicating it from your system
Yeah thanks dude. Very bad to watch them die like that. They had white spot only for like 4-5 days when I used them to cycle the 4 previous tanks I had. Not that they got them in the duration I had the fish. They never had it when the tank was running.. Only when I cycled the tank.

With this new cube tank I didn't have the cycle the tank as I seeded the rock in the previous tank for a long mte and then did a quick tank swap from my 45cm cade to the 30cm cube I currently have.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
They never had it when the tank was running.. Only when I cycled the tank.
I would suggest they always had it, but never showed the symptoms of it (based on what I have read). Seems like a trivial point, but an important one.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I would suggest they always had it, but never showed the symptoms of it (based on what I have read). Seems like a trivial point, but an important one.
White spot isnt present within fish. They're a free floating protozoan which host fish. I've had white spot before so I know what it looks like.. 4 times with these clowns so I know what kille them now wasn't white spot. White spot doesn't even kill fish to start with.. More so make the fish lethargic thus in most cases them to stop eating.. They don't eat and starve to death. My fish here were eating every day for 3 weeks since symptoms occurred.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
My bad then. Just reading your first post it sounded as if you weren't sure and the fish had it in the past.

Either way, good luck with the re-stocking when you decide what you are going to do.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
My bad then. Just reading your first post it sounded as if you weren't sure and the fish had it in the past.

Either way, good luck with the re-stocking when you decide what you are going to do.
Narh dude, none taken at all, I knew what you were trying to say and thought you misinterpreted the post. So I was just clarifying that's all dude. I know you were trying to help.

Yeah dude thanks. Will just be corals and inverts until the tanks ready

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
The offer is there if you want to but understand not wanting to replace something that you were close to that has died.

Its funny to a large degree i find keeping corals so much easier than fish

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
The offer is there if you want to but understand not wanting to replace something that you were close to that has died.

Its funny to a large degree i find keeping corals so much easier than fish
Yeah dude I appreciate it. If I do come to terms of keeping another black pair. Id definately take upon your offer if they're still there when im ready.

I honestly know corals are easier... well to me anyway. Fish have died on me in the pass but not coral..

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I see your going to imortalise them. Is there a kit for acrylic casting ?

Im keen to understand how succesful this is for you.