Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Fish Street
Hi just wondering if anyone has had any problems with fish street, I ordered a skimmer 3 weeks ago and it has not even been sent yet, I have emailed 3 times and have had no answer, and on top of that they took $100 more from my account than the invoice stated :(

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
I've never had any troubles with them that seems very odd. Did you lodge the questions through the support page on their website with the order number?

The main guy (I don't know if its a one man band) Eric has always been super helpful and prompt with replies to me and sorting out any problems I've had

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Ok, was the invoice in Australian dollars? I'd take a guess and say that you bought it in American dollars.

Their email support is usually pretty good, I'd keep trying.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I've never had any troubles with them that seems very odd. Did you lodge the questions through the support page on their website with the order number?

The main guy (I don't know if its a one man band) Eric has always been super helpful and prompt with replies to me and sorting out any problems I've had
yes I did and added invoice number, 3 times

JonoD

Mar 3, 2015
Hi,

what skimmer did you order?
I ordered a D500 coral box 2 Sundays ago and I emailed them last Sunday and they replied that they are out of stock and would have stock in this week sometime and they would send out as soon as they get them. also I noticed that when you go to the contact page it has a note that says, "shipping enquiries will not be replied to if the order is under 3 weeks."( not exact words but something like that). if I hear anything else about my order I will let you know.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Hi,

I ordered a D500 coral box 2 Sundays ago and I emailed them last Sunday and they replied that they are out of stock and would have stock in this week sometime and they would send out as soon as they get them. also I noticed that when you go to the contact page it has a note that says, "shipping enquiries will not be replied to if the order is under 3 weeks."( not exact words but something like that). if I hear anything else about my order I will let you know.
thanks for that, they should have just let me know that they are out of stock, instead of just ignoring my emails, then i would not have worried, yes it is the D500

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Hi,

I ordered the same a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't until I asked why my order didn't arrive yet until they told me they had no stock. You would think it would be pretty obvious to inform your customers they are on backorder.
He told me they weren't going to have them in stock until next month so I said just send me a D300 instead.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I ordered the same a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't until I asked why my order didn't arrive yet until they told me they had no stock. You would think it would be pretty obvious to inform your customers they are on backorder.
He told me they weren't going to have them in stock until next month so I said just send me a D300 instead.
some thing is a bit off there,because my order said Australian packing complete, since the 5th june, so if they haven't go any....what have they packed....and if they have got them why not just send it, or at less answer my emails

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
some thing is a bit off there,because my order said Australian packing complete, since the 5th june, so if they haven't go any....what have they packed....and if they have got them why not just send it, or at less answer my emails
Yeah I think as soon as they receive the order they mark it has packing complete. My order said the same thing. When I didn't see any events come up for my tracking number after a week I knew something was wrong.

When I placed the original order, I even emailed Eric and told him that I needed the skimmer urgently and he responded that they will send out right away. Pretty frustrating that he didn't inform me then that they didn't even have stock!

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Yeah I think as soon as they receive the order they mark it has packing complete. My order said the same thing. When I didn't see any events come up for my tracking number after a week I knew something was wrong.

When I placed the original order, I even emailed Eric and told him that I needed the skimmer urgently and he responded that they will send out right away. Pretty frustrating that he didn't inform me then that they didn't even have stock!
not really a good way to do business , is it?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Whilst I agree, this is the standard of service expected for the price point.
No I think it is just the way things are now.I have spent thousands and thousands at some places and after they get your money don't want to know about it

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
No I think it is just the way things are now.I have spent thousands and thousands at some places and after they get your money don't want to know about it
Fair enough, I find the good old bricks and mortar stores go above and beyond with service. Obviously they cost a little more due to overheads, but the instant delivery, quality pre-sale and post-sale advice is worth the price difference. Well, on the majority of items for me anyway

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
Fair enough, I find the good old bricks and mortar stores go above and beyond with service. Obviously they cost a little more due to overheads, but the instant delivery, quality pre-sale and post-sale advice is worth the price difference. Well, on the majority of items for me anyway
Totally agree with Sam,

There are some stores (bricks and mortar), in this country. Probably not allowed to mention them. That provide excellent service, perhaps for a little more in price.

So to say, that stores, take your money. And then show no interest. Is an unfair, blanket statement.

You get what you pay for. Well, from reputable businesses, anyway.

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Totally agree with Sam,

There are some stores (bricks and mortar), in this country. Probably not allowed to mention them. That provide excellent service, perhaps for a little more in price.

So to say, that stores, take your money. And then show no interest. Is an unfair, blanket statement.

You get what you pay for. Well, from reputable businesses, anyway.
must be only the ones i deal with