1 x Monti
7 x Orange Mushrooms
Sump:
Miracle Mud
Caulpera

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
whats the other yellow fish you got there looks like a mimic?
The Rabbitfish ..or there is a Banana Wrasse, who was hiding when i took those last lot of pix.

Think the rescaping upset him, mind you the nem tolerated the about face and hasn't moved a millimetre. The foot grab was large so I left him there attached

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
must be the rabbit....not usually a fan but that looks nice
Thanks Leo, he wasn't my first choice, was thinking of a fox-face, having had one in the old tank, but the LFS suggested a rabbit for toughness and variety ( changes colour to suit his mood, goes grey spots when stressed, plain grey when he's asleep, and when he's feeling dominant he will throw up the spines top and bottom) overall though a nice fish who picks at algae and swims well in the tank.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
So what do you do when your HGA dies and sticks to your black Hawaiian substrate?

You pull the whole DT down and reinvent thy tank!

Tis done and photos to come shortly.... I am amazed at the difference... As are the fish lol.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
It's been a busy weekend then ;)

How is the chaeto going?
Oh yeah... Pulling it down wasn't too bad, but once i got it back to empty, it went back together quickly. Placed egg-crate diffuser in the bottom and now pure sand...

The funny thing is ... That amidst the sandstorm i created with the first 100 litres in, i just plonked the rock in, without any thought to judge water volume needed, and 90min return trips per 100litres, only to discover that it is the best natural layout of rock i have done since reefing. LOL. Still gobsmacked at how it looks.

The chaeto, is tumbling nicely in the sump, and is about the size of a tennis ball. Don't think its lost any size nor grown.