1x Strombus snail

1x green bubble tip anemone
1x white leather coral
1x green Moon Coral
1x white Long Tentacle Plate Mushroom

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Added a bicolour blenny, (Black & Yellow) today for some amusement of it sitting there watching the world outside of the tank... however I think my hawkfish ("Psysco") has got his nose outa joint, and keeps eyeing the blenny off... lol...battle of the eyes!

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Funnily enough it was the opposite way round for me- my bicolour gave my poor hawkfish hell for the first couple of weeks--she used to chase him all over the tank-I thought it would have been the other way round. Now they're pretty good with each other-like a woman she just ignores him

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
MIA : 1 x thorny grey starfish.... come out come out wherever you are!

DIA : 1x Coral Beauty...wtf jammed between the back wall and a rock....

now do I pull the tank apart to find these two???
:(

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
MIA : 1 x thorny grey starfish.... come out come out wherever you are!

DIA : 1x Coral Beauty...wtf jammed between the back wall and a rock....

now do I pull the tank apart to find these two???
:(
A common cause of death of sea stars is starvation, especially in relatively new tanks - there just is not enough for them to eat. It can often take months but eventually they die. Hopefully yours will reappear.

The coral beauty has probably ended up behind the rocks after it died - a healthy fish will not get trapped between rocks.

If you can get it out then do it - if it means pulling your tank apart then I would leave it and rely on your CUC although you might want to monitor your water conditions and do some extra water changes.

BTW, it looks like you have some bubble algae on some of your rocks - it might be worth your time to try and get it under control ;)

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
A common cause of death of sea stars is starvation, especially in relatively new tanks - there just is not enough for them to eat. It can often take months but eventually they die. Hopefully yours will reappear.

The coral beauty has probably ended up behind the rocks after it died - a healthy fish will not get trapped between rocks.

If you can get it out then do it - if it means pulling your tank apart then I would leave it and rely on your CUC although you might want to monitor your water conditions and do some extra water changes.

BTW, it looks like you have some bubble algae on some of your rocks - it might be worth your time to try and get it under control ;)
The starfish was bought on saturday, acclimatised, released and disappeared.
The angel was found dead, between the back wall and a rock at the top, and retrieved after a lh side pull down.

Bubble i cant find....

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Fish and coral stock @ 22/11/12

1x banana wrasse
1x exquisite wrasse
1x rabbitfish
1x bicolour blenny
1x Scooter Dragonet
1x falco's hawkfish
3x stars ( lemon, blue, thorny grey)
1x blue chromis
2x tomato clowns
1x Strombus snail

1x green bubble tip anemone
1x white leather coral
1x green Moon Coral
1x white Long Tentacle Plate Mushroom

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
The starfish was bought on saturday, acclimatised, released and disappeared.
The angel was found dead, between the back wall and a rock at the top, and retrieved after a lh side pull down.

Bubble i cant find....
The Thorny Grey Starfish, showed himself last night under the moonlight.... ( sounds romantic eh?) today..he's disappeared again..wth

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
And the Scooter Dragonet...who seems to be having fun.... weird fish tho!

Now thinking if "Scoot" can survive without copepods, that a Mandarin should survive too! thoughts?
Scooter Dragonett.jpg