Tank Journal Archive

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Changed my NSW supply from out of the ocean, to NSW from Seahorse World. Filtered NSW through a $200,000 filtering system that removes all bad things.

Did a 20% Water change last night... Fish had a party afterwards... which was a good response... then when the moonlight came on, wow, total crystal clear clarity . Almost as if it was multi polished. Very impressed that I went and got another 120litres this morning. :)

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Thanks, not bad for $35. The mushrooms are on a slither of LR, about 7 in total. Last lot i saw at Kingston were $12 each...ordered some blue ones today... But did notice last night there is a new species in the colour red!

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Changed my NSW supply from out of the ocean, to NSW from Seahorse World. Filtered NSW through a $200,000 filtering system that removes all bad things.

Did a 20% Water change last night... Fish had a party afterwards... which was a good response... then when the moonlight came on, wow, total crystal clear clarity . Almost as if it was multi polished. Very impressed that I went and got another 120litres this morning. :)
Hi mate
Do you get the water from seahorse world itself ? How much is it ?
If the sell to anyone off the street ..I may have a look tomorrow :)
At the moment i go all the way to Lulworth

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Added a few more chromis...4 weeks ago another coral and a lawnmower blenny.

Today a nice 10cm lipstick tang, who is now Queen of the tank...

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
There are some really good priced fish around at the moment. Flame Angels, Fire Gobies, Mandarins all cheap!
Its a bit harder down here to get nicely priced fish and corals. This one is actually about 12cm tip to tail, yet a yellow tang at about 5cm was $130. This was just a lucky catch on a random trip to Hobart.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Thats a nice size fish, not checked the price of yellows here but I picked up my tomini that is about 5cm for $35 . I know it has been mentioned before but I wonder if you can use normal express post to send corals down your way or do they need to be declared?

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Thats a nice size fish, not checked the price of yellows here but I picked up my tomini that is about 5cm for $35 . I know it has been mentioned before but I wonder if you can use normal express post to send corals down your way or do they need to be declared?
Thanks...loving having her and she seems to be enjoying the tank...
We arent supposed to buy in via post, but if someone was found over there.........

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Two nice pieces of coral picked up from Luke today.... photos below. Mont and fluoro Tip Fluffy .. A "BIG" thank you to @Luke, and favour of some sort owed.. as we do in thy marine world.
Great looking tank too Luke. :cool:
i
Flouro Toes Fluffy ex Luke.JPG
Flouro Toes fluufy and suspended rock.JPG
Monti ex Luke.JPG
re scaped rh side with ledge.JPG
RH end re scaped.JPG
Full shot of tank.JPG