Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Fix One Find One.
A few weeks ago my auto top off suction cup sensor mount fell off- finally got round to putting a dab of silicone on the mounts to prevent this happening again. Ran tested the 6 years old chiller. No good, got to dig into the fish tank funds again.:cry
Here is a quick photo of a pod - one of many brave little beasts roaming the tank whilst it's fish less
image.jpeg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
The life of pods kind of reminds of The Borrowers - remember that story?
Nope but I'll google it- the pod looked like a rabbit in a strange sort of way.
On a mission to cultivate pods, might even set up a tank for them, I can see multiple tank syndrome creeping back in to my life again...

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Feeling your chiller pains! Damn venting fan has given up the ghost!!! Only bit more then 12 months old too!

My experience so far, haliea = noisy but bulletproof!!! Teco = quiet but breakable........

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Feeling your chiller pains! Damn venting fan has given up the ghost!!! Only bit more then 12 months old too!

My experience so far, haliea = noisy but bulletproof!!! Teco = quiet but breakable........
Aqua one / one star
Halea / five star - mine needs a regas but I'll get a new one and get the Halea fixed.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney

Should be a generic computer fan my instincts tell me.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I have heaps of those pods (atm).

So, is it true that they are not harmful no matter how big they get? I have a big Mumma that might have exceeeded 1.0 cm (eye to butt).

Also, would the red scooters actually eat them once they get over say the 0.5 cm mark?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
They're harmless detritivours Savage Henry. I don't think they could take ones that size down, but the smaller ones would be just fine for them.