Tank Journal Archive

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
Fixing The Cabinet
I am almost finished fixing the cabinet to a point I can start cycling the tank.. I have added a floor to the sump also cut down the old front panel to add a back and a side wall to the sump.. Adding the back wall even though I lose 18mm of space I feel it will be beneficial in the long run with being able to screw equipment/shelves to it also may make it easier to keep it clean though I doubt that will happen.. :)

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
I also painted the rear of the tank and added some black acrylic to the weir.
image.jpg
image.jpg
You can see the old paneling in these pics this is now removed ready for the new panels.. The new panels will be either black gloss laminex panels or matt black I'm still undecided, but they will be hold in place by magnets to get a clean look without any handles/ hardware but are easily removed for maintenance etc..
It will looks similar to @riann_tas new cabinet we built without the hood..
image.jpg
^ old pic of riaans cabinet I didn't take one of it finished but you get the idea..

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
That's the idea but I will have them opposite ends of the cabinet I think but open to opinions as I haven't cut the holes yet.. (The panels you can see are the original ones reeflections had on the cabinet I'm not sure what Ernie had the holes for) I found a cheap extraction fan from Bunnings works well the same ones you have in the bathroom for around $16 to $20 a piece from memory with a plug already wired.. :)

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
That they are mate I use one on my 4ft but for the price nothing I can't put up with.. I haven't found anything as good for the price yet I don't want to spend a fortune but if anyone comes across anything I'm all ears..

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
Sorry about no update I have been lazy lately when it comes to journals, the tank is running at the moment still need to grab new lights etc and the stand still hasn't been cladded.. :p I will take some photos and update the plans for the cabinet and layout for the sump later this week. It currently has plumbed RO container so it doesn't run out and I'm in the process of building an auto water change using an autoaqua awc300 65lt container in the sump plumbed into my ibc through the roof, not much info on these units so will be an interesting trial