Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Fluorescent Picture Thread
Some photos taken under just 100% blue lighting. Enjoy guys and leave comments below to what other colours I need I'm the tank. Cheers.

FTS:

image.jpg

Some Ricordeas:

image.jpg

Bleeding apple:

image.jpg

Red Goniopora:

image.jpg

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
You've got all the major colours dominating except yellow-orange, so that would enhance things. (lights are blue, mostly pink/reds/greens). Get a colour wheel and find the colour opposite the ones you have to get a colour that provides a matched contrast to what you have :)

@leodb89 With the blue light - I think it's just having a very good quality camera. I had a friend over tonight that took some shots with a beautiful ($3k!) canon SLR. Everything looked as it does to the eye with just all automatic settings

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Any trick to getting the photos to come out under blues?
The trick taking photos with just phones and my iPad. Have the device flat onto the glass and focus and then shoot.. But also you can't focus on things too close.. But all my phones are with my iPad or galaxy.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
You've got all the major colours dominating except yellow-orange, so that would enhance things. (lights are blue, mostly pink/reds/greens). Get a colour wheel and find the colour opposite the ones you have to get a colour that provides a matched contrast to what you have :)

@leodb89 With the blue light - I think it's just having a very good quality camera. I had a friend over tonight that took some shots with a beautiful ($3k!) canon SLR. Everything looked as it does to the eye with just all automatic settings
Yeah I think I need something nice and yellow/ornage will balance out the rest of the colours out.. I'm just not sure what I want as to type of corals...

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Yeah I think I need something nice and yellow/ornage will balance out the rest of the colours out.. I'm just not sure what I want as to type of corals...
I've found yellows mostly in millepora, some plating stuff (forgot name), spotted morphs, hammers of course, lobos sometimes, and euphillia very rarely. All stunning additions

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
HEY GUYS, JUST DECIDED TO TAKE SOME SNAPS JUST NOW WITH JUST THE BLUES RUNNING. THE START OF MY ZOANTHID GARDEN! ENJOY AND LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW IF YOUVE GOT SOME NICE ONES YOU DONT MIND SHARING! ALWAYS LOOKING TO EXPAND THE COLLECTION.

TRUE YELLOW, PINKS WITH GREEN MOUTH AND SOME GOLDS:

image.jpg

ONE OF MY FAVOURITES; GREEN AND GOLDS & AUSSIE GOLDS AT THE BACK WHICH THE CAMERA CANT PICK UP, IT HAS SUCH A NICE GREEN: (Will take pictures of it under normal lighting to show green)

image.jpg

THE YELLOW GOLDS:

image.jpg

DARK BLUES WITH WHITE MOUTHS; LOVE THESE RARE BEAUTIES, THATS MY GROW OUT PIECE.. GOT A COUPLE FRAGS IM GROWING OUT:

image.jpg

MY FASTEST GROWING ZOANTHIDS, A NICE PINKY ORNAGE CENTRE WITH A MOTTLED GREEN SKIRT:

image.jpg

AND LASTLY THESE BRIGHT ORANGE CENTRED ZOANTHIDS ARE CRAZY! ALSO GOT THE AUSSIE ZOMBIE FRAG GROWING AT THE BACK AND THE GREEN ON GREEN AND RED ON GREENS:

image.jpg