Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Food
Hi I have been feeding with reef roids , but i have beeb reading about zeofood 7, has anyone used this, and do you use it instead of the roids or as well as?

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth
Dont know a great deal about it but it appears to be an Amino acid.
There are other similar products
These are different from Reef Roids in that they are a liquid and are absorbed by the coral whereas the Roids are ingested by the corals
I'd say they can be used together without concern.
Are you having trouble with any corals?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Zeofood is a nutrient concentrate for the zeo system when you reach ULN and not actually a food for corals so to speak :)

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
are there any good links to running the zeovit system? it sounds expensive anyone had any experience?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Feel free to browse my 2ft CADE journal :) Plenty of zeo info in there :) Otherwise read the various pdf's from the KZ website :)

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Dont know a great deal about it but it appears to be an Amino acid.
There are other similar products
These are different from Reef Roids in that they are a liquid and are absorbed by the coral whereas the Roids are ingested by the corals
I'd say they can be used together without concern.
Are you having trouble with any corals?
thanks , i am just not seeing much growth

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
To me it's all relative..I'm gonna say don't be disheartened when you hear this person say oh I got this growth and this is colouring up like this and that and the next, it does not happen like that...I've seen it first hand from T8 to Led to T5 and MH - it's all bloody slow growing so don't be disheartened at all , if you want fast then get some small clams, get some baby shrimp and get some baby fish be it angels , tangs etc etc.
Hard coral take forever to grow, except for Staghorns... when they grow they grow fast.....this whole reefing game is about patience and time.
Each coral is fighting the next one along side of it with its own chemical warfare - you may not see it but this could be a reason why you not seeing growth, saying that I am quite sure that if you lift any of your coral you would clearly see fresh white new skeleton where growth has occurred...
furthermore I can guarantee growth is happening if your kh is dropping on a daily basis. ;)