Tank Journal Archive

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Fragging Attempt
Well I tried to frag some zoos with mixed success today. First I tried to pull a few polyps of my Green zoas and they came off singley, so I tried to stick them by themselves. After dropping them many times and glueing them to a towel I finally salvaged two polyps. However I am sure I have glued them shut!:banghead Oh well, attempt two. As I cut the next polyps away a chunk fell off and I now had a whole bunch to glue. As I only had one plug left I stuck a small piece with about three polyps on and the larger one onto a rock. Now the wait begins to see if they open or not. Here is a pic of my handiwork with me singles at the front.
image.jpg

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Love your work! You can just use a vegetable knife (don't use it for food ever again after that, just in case). Cut the connecting tissue around the polyps, so if you want a few polyps in one go, trace around those, wiggle the knife underneath to separate the mat from the rock and lift them up.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
they will come good, those zoas that grow flat can be a bugger to frag sometimes, much easier to frag the ones that grow up and out so you can separate the heads.

as for glueing heads closed, i think we have all been there :banghead

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Tweezers are your friend ;)

Looks okay though, as long as the mouth itself isn't glued they should come good.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Thanx guys, the mouth is open but the glue goes all the way up the sides so they are able to get light on the polyp head just not as much as before they were glued. Hopefully they will be fine, time will tell.