Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Front Tank Shot & Top A Down Shot Thread Updates
FTS: 29/10/13

Spent this morning contemplating whether I should do a rescape or not. Main reasons are I wanted an isolated ricordea island and a sps island. So I went ahead and did a rescape. Suprisingly like always. I've made a lot more room for more corals. This is the result of his morning; everything is still sulking but you get the idea.

Let me know what you guys think by leaving comments below cheers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

timtam

Jul 5, 2013
Glenroy 3046
I love the look, I'm a big fan of separating different spices into separate areas. Also love the sense of high you have crated in the tank.
Anyway... much better than anything I can do :dead

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I love the look, I'm a big fan of separating different spices into separate areas. Also love the sense of high you have crated in the tank.
Anyway... much better than anything I can do :dead
Yeah I did to any warfare mainly and it's much nicer to have them separated. Yeah I've added slightly more height. I believe creating a rocks cape 2/3 of the tank height. More natural and it leaves the 1/3 for corals to grow. Always gotta leave room for corals to grow.

Also thanks for the kind words hey, it's not very easy creating a nice scape with dimension and depth in a nano tank especially when I have 45cmx30x45cm to work with.. Would be much easier if I had a full 1.5 cube to work with.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
I recon it looks good. Lots of sps room now!
Yeah cheers dude, I've got the whole left side just for sps frags I've got a seller already growing out for me. I'll get them when they encrust a lot more. Also got room for some selectively nice zoamthid frags. ;) ;) but gonna take adding corals more slowly now,

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Updated FTS: 03/11/13

* Fragged my red Goniopora.
* Rearranged some rocks to have a more stable surface to glue down my sps frags.
* Cleaned the glass.

My scape looks so much better in person. Something a camera find a hard picking up.. Is the depth of the scape.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Very kind words guys! It looked like crap for the past couple days due to the mini cycle I had disturbing the rock work. Had a collapse... :(

@Fragalicious haha yeah maybe.. Dude, just maybe. I'll see if I'm able to keep them alive.. As I think my royal gramma eats them.

@timtam thanks a lot dude, the scape looks abit different due to the collapse also if you haven't noticed. I've glued and putty the entire rock work in most cracks.. So it's all stable now.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Do you run a sump, @JimmyDang ? That's where we keep ours :)
Narh I don't, it's an all in one cade tank.. So I couldn't be able to sump them sadly.. If I did. I'd already be on it.. As I don't have nay mysis at all. In my old tank I had about 100 I coulda say count with just looking at the tank.. When I switched over to this tank. Everything live in or on the rocks died.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys, I finally got around to doing a water change. I did 50% and the corals sure do appreciate it. This is a shot top down when the tank was half empty.. Much clearer shot when the pumps are off.

Won't be adding anymore corals I think unless I acquire some free frags off my mates. But none the less.. Just sharing my tanks progress. Cheers.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Wow so many bright colours, looks great
Just a side note the scolly in the bottom left looks like it has a smiley face with the sand on it :D
Yeah dude, thanks, I'm aiming for exactly that. A whole heck lots of colours. Also 80% of my tank is filled with aqaucultured corals. All my zoas are all cultured! And my sps!