Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Fts 15/09/15
So I'm happy to report that the halides are absolutely doing exactly what I wanted them to do on the tank and everything si so much better for it! I've also fixed up my dosing so bye bye to Ca level of 300ppm and Mg level of 1050ppm haha I've been a little slack with that for the last two months! Alk has been steady on 7.5dKH though :)
Just completed a nice water change, clean out and frag up and also a dip of some zoa's because they were looking a little sad :)
Straight off the camera though!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_0898_zpspa1hyual.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I need an angel or 3 in my tanks, lol. If I could hold on to one from a shipment I'd be doing good. Damn customers always buying up my fish, lol.

DeWalt

May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Killer tank mate. There's so much potential right here, almost a pity that you're changing over to another tank.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looks great!! Love the proportions in the tank!
Thanks Dean! :) It took me two weeks of playing with the scape while the tank cycled to come up with that!

I need an angel or 3 in my tanks, lol. If I could hold on to one from a shipment I'd be doing good. Damn customers always buying up my fish, lol.
I need an angel or ten! :dead lol I absolutely adore angels and butterflies! I definitely think that I'll add a male bellus to the new tank when it's up and running :) Along with a teeny tiny Kleins butterfly as they're the only reef safe buggers lol

looks awesome!!!
Thanks Andrew :)

Stunning mate , When the change over happening ?
That clam is a show stopper.
Probably not for a while now, looks like we might be moving house soon so until I know what's going on with that the Radium Reef is on standby lol so my cade has a little more time to shine!
She's much happier this morning haha

Killer tank mate. There's so much potential right here, almost a pity that you're changing over to another tank.
Thanks mate, means a lot :) As I've just mentioned to Rob, looks like I'm moving soon so the cade is going to get a little bit more love as the new tank is hold! Might be able to reach full potential now ;) haha

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Pyramids are reef safe too, they're plankton feeders. I've ordered a dozen and gotten jack shit, lol. Now that I've got a box on order now, the bastards will come in. You should have good luck getting a tiny Kleins right now, I see them all over the lists.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Pyramids are reef safe too, they're plankton feeders. I've ordered a dozen and gotten jack shit, lol. Now that I've got a box on order now, the bastards will come in. You should have good luck getting a tiny Kleins right now, I see them all over the lists.
They're in all the time, it's just a risk that I badly want to take but I'm still unsure on lol pyramids I don't really like lol I'm a bit fussy haha

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I guess you want me to see if they're OK in a reef tank? You know that a Klein's butterfly was the 3rd fish I bought? WAYYYYYYYYYYYY back in 1978, paid $10 for it and thought that was highway robbery, lol. I can't even get them here for that from The Philippines. They're showing up on all lists from 4-6cm, 6-8cm, 8-10cm, might try 6 of the 4-6 and 6 of the 6-8. I'm thinking that if I get the little ones I could train them onto a Fungia skeleton right off the bat. If we could keep them back in the 70s, they have to be damn near bulletproof.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
How far you've come from from that first acro I pushed you into buying at Reeflections.... And now a new tank. My I have been away too long. Looking fantastic!

Ps I need an enabler to get onto zeo....

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
How far you've come from from that first acro I pushed you into buying at Reeflections.... And now a new tank. My I have been away too long. Looking fantastic!

Ps I need an enabler to get onto zeo....
I had completely forgotten that this addiction to sps is completely your fault! :p haha I remember clear as day you and Ernie talking me into getting that first acro! Tank life has come a very long way since then hasn't it lol thanks Holly :)

I can definitely be an enabler :rofl what can I do to convince you haha

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I guess a shopping list would be a start. I get quickly bogged in detail so a link to a good reactor range would start me off I think!
Well the Fish-Street reactors are hard to fault so I'd get those unless you want to drop some serious cash haha the products that you'll need to start off with are the following 5:
Start
Bak
Sponge Power
Stones and carbon

You won't need to worry about product expansion for a while :) and here's a link that explains just about everything!
https://www.korallen-zucht.de/cms/files/zeoguide_103_english-1.pdf

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Well the Fish-Street reactors are hard to fault so I'd get those unless you want to drop some serious cash haha the products that you'll need to start off with are the following 5:
Start
Bak
Sponge Power
Stones and carbon

You won't need to worry about product expansion for a while :) and here's a link that explains just about everything!
https://www.korallen-zucht.de/cms/files/zeoguide_103_english-1.pdf
I dislike dropping cash - thanks for the info - now back to the beautiful corals!