Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
looking good mate, will be back in no time!
thanks ant! shouldnt take to long i think its allready getting there!!. trying to get a few different corals in there this time around rather then just hammers and zoas. so ill see what i can come up with!! its really starting to take shape tho!

Agreed looks awesome, what camera settings do you use to take such amazing photos :)
depends on the tank! so many factors to explain but im on full manual when ever i take tank pics!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
It was quite a wide-ended question :p lol maybe I'll rephrase it, do you edit them or is that the shot straight from the camera? As I love the way you get the colours through, not that I've had much of a chance to take pics like this yet!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
It was quite a wide-ended question :p lol maybe I'll rephrase it, do you edit them or is that the shot straight from the camera? As I love the way you get the colours through, not that I've had much of a chance to take pics like this yet!
no way you have to edit them to a degree when you shoot in raw it strips all the self editing shooting in JPG does. i dont add saturation if thats what your wodering :P
most my editing is to define the lines and bring up the clarity "sharpness" i also pull out the highlights so you can see the actual coral colour where as when you usualy shoot an image the corals come out all white and over exposed

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
no way you have to edit them to a degree when you shoot in raw it strips all the self editing shooting in JPG does. i dont add saturation if thats what your wodering :p
most my editing is to define the lines and bring up the clarity "sharpness" i also pull out the highlights so you can see the actual coral colour where as when you usualy shoot an image the corals come out all white and over exposed
That doesn't surprise me, I would never say anything like that :p
I just love the way you get (what I imagine is) a very natural reproduction of the colours and look of the tank, I can't wait to start having a crack myself!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
That doesn't surprise me, I would never say anything like that :p
I just love the way you get (what I imagine is) a very natural reproduction of the colours and look of the tank, I can't wait to start having a crack myself!
time to get a slr!! what camera do you have now?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
time to get a slr!! what camera do you have now?
I'd love to get one! This hobby is expensive enough as it is though :p I'm using a Cannon EOS 1100D at the moment, nothing special but I'll make it work :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I'd love to get one! This hobby is expensive enough as it is though :p I'm using a Cannon EOS 1100D at the moment, nothing special but I'll make it work :)
nothing wrong with that. it can still do everything my 6D can do ;)