Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Fts's & Group Shots
Well as you can see the tank is starting to get a little full with all the new frags, even after a bit of work lol but I'm really really happy with how the tank is looking and running after completely halting zeo. It's just skimmer and carbon at the moment and soon to be added will be Seachem Matrix. The unfortunate part about me being happy with the tank now is that I'm moving it soon lol moving and potentially upgrading so it's going to be a whole new fun adventure! For the moment I'm just going to enjoy the tank hopefully everyone else does too :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1676_edited_zps2yqkseh0.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1680_edited_zpsjvpdpmw5.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1677_edited_zpsh0fmw21b.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1671_edited_zpsiuqigumb.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1649_edited_zpslwu4gc8y.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1667_edited_zps5azjlipw.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I love that last photo, to my imagination that image is enchanting and surreal.
Best wishes for your upgrade. It will be challenging and stressful moving house with a full blown SPS tank -

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I love that last photo, to my imagination that image is enchanting and surreal.
Best wishes for your upgrade. It will be challenging and stressful moving house with a full blown SPS tank -
The last shot would have to be one of my favourite shots that I've taken of the tank :) It shows something that I've wanted to achieve in the tank for so long. The way the colours vary and catch your eye, the depth it gives due to the placements, the amazing acro's that are in that shot lol it was really helped by the lovely Biggles and you know what his eye for placement is like!! :D
In theory I want the new tank setup, running and cycled before I even start to move anything across so that I can do it all slowly and piece by piece and let everyone settle in with no drama's :) That's the idea at least haha we'll see how it actually goes!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
So many lovely corals! I think you'll have to upgrade soon to give em plenty of room to grow!
Good luck when u eventually move to. Another reason to upgrade lol :rofl get a tank setup ready to move everything in to.
If you do upgrade do you have any plans?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
So many lovely corals! I think you'll have to upgrade soon to give em plenty of room to grow!
Good luck when u eventually move to. Another reason to upgrade lol :rofl get a tank setup ready to move everything in to.
If you do upgrade do you have any plans?
Thanks man :) pretty stoked with the collection I have growing!

Plans are pretty basic at the moment :) slightly larger tank, either a 3ft or a shallow 4ft. Lights will be the same but will end up going a 400w Radium eventually. Pumps and powerheads will all stay the same along with skimmer and other equipment. Stock won't change a great deal, make bellus to be added along with another possum wrasse and a few anthias, I might even try purple queens after settling some easier an this first ;) I would love a bunch of anthias either way though!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
N
Thanks man :) pretty stoked with the collection I have growing!

Plans are pretty basic at the moment :) slightly larger tank, either a 3ft or a shallow 4ft. Lights will be the same but will end up going a 400w Radium eventually. Pumps and powerheads will all stay the same along with skimmer and other equipment. Stock won't change a great deal, make bellus to be added along with another possum wrasse and a few anthias, I might even try purple queens after settling some easier an this first ;) I would love a bunch of anthias either way though!
Nice that you can use all your equipment on it, will save a lot of cash. Shallow 4 foot defs perks my ears up! Either way you go though will look great with those corals in it. Something about a lovely bunch of Anthias over an Acro reef just look so good, they make it look so natural.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Nice that you can use all your equipment on it, will save a lot of cash. Shallow 4 foot defs perks my ears up! Either way you go though will look great with those corals in it. Something about a lovely bunch of Anthias over an Acro reef just look so good, they make it look so natural.
Yeah it makes a huge difference being able to bring across most of my equipment :) I'll still need the tank and such lol but the equipment takes away a huge chunk!

They really do, I'm aiming for a really striking set of colours though. Something that stands out against the purple of the p. tuka :) Flav's, golden or lori would be amazing! 3-5 of them to match the 5 purple queens I want haha the beauty of these two would make my bellus stand out SO much :D

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Yeah it makes a huge difference being able to bring across most of my equipment :) I'll still need the tank and such lol but the equipment takes away a huge chunk!

They really do, I'm aiming for a really striking set of colours though. Something that stands out against the purple of the p. tuka :) Flav's, golden or lori would be amazing! 3-5 of them to match the 5 purple queens I want haha the beauty of these two would make my bellus stand out SO much :D
Sure does, I'm pricing an upgrade atm and it's going to cost me both my kidneys!

That would be striking, not that your Bellus doesn't already stand out!

mcs

Jun 14, 2014
You have to stop teasing, wish my tank would stop being a bugger and just work haha.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Sure does, I'm pricing an upgrade atm and it's going to cost me both my kidneys!

That would be striking, not that your Bellus doesn't already stand out!
haha I hear kidneys are worth a lot so you might be in luck :P
Definitely make for a nice mix of colour!! :D

You have to stop teasing, wish my tank would stop being a bugger and just work haha.
I'm sorry haha I'm running the tank really simply at the moment which I think is helping a great deal in keeping it running smoothly :)