Tank Journal Archive

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Full Tank Shot With Some More Pics
I am thinking of re Aqua scaping the tank just trying to think of a better way to set the tank up and working up the courage to tell my wife I need a day to do it :p If any one has any suggestions on better placement ect please tell me open to all suggestions

Sorry about the crappy Pics was in a hurry

006.JPG

031.JPG

034.JPG

037.JPG

047.JPG

041.JPG

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Suggestions:
I'm loving that bommie on the right! Would be sad to see that go.. so nice.

Dismantle the left bommie.

The soft corals are going to get big. I would be taking them off the right bommie & grouping them all together for effect on a flat rock on the sandbed - positioned in the left area of the tank towards the back. Then create another thin flat rock area, banana shaped, directly in front of it (leaving a space in between) for all of your green morphs and encourage them to cover it completely. Put the clam nearby but not touching where its colour can be offset by the green morphs. Green is opposite purple in the colour wheel so thats going to really pop.

ie. birds eye view
birdseye.jpg

Move your hammers to the right bommie, either mid way up it or hugging around its base, tightly grouped. Move any zoas you can to the top of the bommie and create a zoa garden up there. It'll show off the nice shape of the bommie and give the zoas maximum light & possibly flow depending on where you have things pointed. Hopefully stop them from stretching as they tend to do.

Move that gorgeous red Acan to the centre flat area you already have to show it off more.

I reckon you should get any corals on the sandbed up onto the rockwork, unless they are hugging the base of a bommie.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Thanks @Agent M Great suggestions. Like the Idea of moving the soft corals to the left and hammers ect to the right . The soft corals are all on one large rock so i will have to build the right hand bommie up. I will let you know the day :P