Reef Discussion

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Love the scape and the clean look oscar, do you have any critters to clean the sand or does it just stay like that on its own?
Thanks Alex,
I do have sand critters just a variety of snails. Yes the sand does go a little brown at the end of the week b4 I do a water change but I just give it a stir or vacuume but my tank is only 4 months old so it still has a lot of time ahead to mature

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
you should try puting a black back ground on that tank will make it look 100x better
I think the choice to include backgrounds is a personal preference. Whilst some in the hobby love them, others do not. We should respect each others preferred option. The use of a background or lack there of will have no influence over the well being of the fish within the tank.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
all respect was show it was just a friendly suggestion
Its all good. You have a great tank. I love the colour your sps is producing!

One of the features i like about not having a background is looking through the tank and seeing how crystal clear the water is...The lack of background makes my the water in my tank a feature that i'm proud of. I wont see this if the back is black. so its just not for me.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Its all good. You have a great tank. I love the colour your sps is producing!

One of the features i like about not having a background is looking through the tank and seeing how crystal clear the water is...The lack of background makes my the water in my tank a feature that i'm proud of. I wont see this if the back is black. so its just not for me.
Really? That's interesting I find the opposite I find water floatys show up much more on a black background where as clear back glass blended the floaties in with my tanks wall paint colour, everyone likes different things tho :D btw love the tank

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
think that we all have to agree to disagree on this one. We all percieve things differently, just as we all have own tastes. Don't think a background, or lack thereof can detract from the beauty of the tanks shown in this thread. You should all be proud of your own 'eco-systems"!