holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Full tank shots
The tanks tentative position in the bookshelf:

IMG_0259.jpg

Close-up

IMG_0261.jpg

Will be filling it on sunday, very excited!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
The tank was set up to day, spent some time trying to put together a functional live rock 'hanger'. I think it's high enough for now, hopefully there isn't too much of a cycle - I added live sand, coral rubble and rock from the DT. Rock probs spent an hour out of the water while I stuck it all together. That aqua need it stuff is great when it hardens but a bit of a bitch to work with if the rock is so much as a little bit wet.

I've got the crappy LED over it atm as the better light that came with it is over the frag tank keeping those inhabitants happy as larry. I noticed the light is easily pulled apart so I'm going to head to Jaycar and buy some different coloured LEDs to switch them with! Hopefully in a few months I'll be upgrading the frag tank lighting and so this one can have its intended light back.

IMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0312.jpg

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Nice structure, I'd go a bit higher but nothing wrong with how it is now :)
Thanks! Agreed- I've got to pick up some nice sticky bits of rock the next time I'm at Reeflections, I'm back down to huge chunky rock bits which are completely useless.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
January 1st 2014 update: decided to finally move the tank to my desk. Predictably, decided to 'move a few things' which turned into a full tear down and re-scape. Added a few pieces of flat base rock to create more of a shelf and stuck the chalice and a few other things to the backboard and glass to create more of an eventual natural look. Removed as many aiptasia as I could and added in a beautiful acan frag from my DT that I got from @chimaera a while back. I'll be adding a few more things soon as the BTA in my larger tank is taking over some serious real estate. Most things were getting too little light on the sand-bed so most of the stock has been moved upwards.

The tank has mainly acans/micromussa, chalice and zoas, with a duncan, blasto, a torch, a superman and persian rug morph and some green star polyps. Looking forward to seeing how it all grows out over the next 6 months.

(usual warning of crappy iPhone shots, unhappy inhabitants and tank cloudiness)
IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1354.JPG

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
January 27th 2014: it's had time tp settle, and I borrowed a friend's camera to take some nicer photos:

_DSC0035.JPG

_DSC0041.JPG _DSC0055.JPG