Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Looks like everyone settled in well. The tank cleared up quickly too!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks Luke, I'm about to take some more shots as I've just finished placing some lovely pieces from @Miller in the tank :D The tank looks clear on the photos but is actually still a little cloudy. I've got a filter sock on for the first time so hoping all of it will eventually get removed. I got lazy at 1am and didn't bother washing the sand which is potentially creating problems.

Jimsim

Nov 9, 2013
NEW SOUTH WALES
Love the variety, not a scolly fan I guess? Anyways when you do a test on param's could you please msg me or something so that I can have a rough image ect :P you don't have to if you don't want to, my tank is growing more and more each week and just wanted some info on a similar tank build with similar corals.
James.

ToxicMel

Jul 18, 2013
Hervey Bay
Holly, any issues with the lobos bottom left corner? I have just gotten my first two, and have been very unsure how closely I can keep them together due to "lobo wars", i've heard others mention? To be on the safe side I still have 4 inches between them, but yours seem to be almost touching? Or do lobos only like to beat up other corals, and not fellow lobos?

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Love the variety, not a scolly fan I guess? Anyways when you do a test on param's could you please msg me or something so that I can have a rough image ect :p you don't have to if you don't want to, my tank is growing more and more each week and just wanted some info on a similar tank build with similar corals.
James.
It's not that I'm not a scolly fan, they are just out of my price league. I've never paid more than $50 for a piece of coral.
Sure thing, tests before the move were: Dkh 8, Salinity 1.025, mg 1100, Ca 325. Will update tomorrow evening after a water change.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Holly, any issues with the lobos bottom left corner? I have just gotten my first two, and have been very unsure how closely I can keep them together due to "lobo wars", i've heard others mention? To be on the safe side I still have 4 inches between them, but yours seem to be almost touching? Or do lobos only like to beat up other corals, and not fellow lobos?
Never any issues, they love to sit next to each other and snuggle up. They were snuggly in my last tank as well never any wars between them. Defintely killed many of my other corals and won (see my budget tank journal post about the very topic).