Tank Journal Archive

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
Fusion 30l
Hi guys
After months of researching tanks i finally decided on an Innovative Marine 30L liking the 3 ft length cause I reckon fish look better when they have room to swim. After the first tank arrived cracked (stupid courier driver) I contacted aquariums Australia and actually went to pick up the second one. Now just have to wait for the stand to arrive
image.jpg
image.jpg
here are some if the goodies trying to decide how I'm gonna mount the radions

bug

May 25, 2012
Melbourne
ah too cool! i was thinking about purchasing one this week - how are you liking the quality so far? :)
whats your stocking plans? :)

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
ah too cool! i was thinking about purchasing one this week - how are you liking the quality so far? :)
whats your stocking plans? :)
Quality ain't too bad nothing like a ADA or cade but for the price and the unusual dimensions u don't get from other nano tanks I reckon it's worth the money, all the other nano tanks where mainly cubes, planning to do a mixed reef with a pair of Picasso clowns :) but will see !

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
You might be a little disappointed in purchasing a long tank for the purposes of watching your fish use the space - if you get clowns they won't venture far from whatever they choose to host them. They usually just "bobble" in and around their little grapefruit size space of water.

Last edited:

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I was wondering for a minute how a 3ft tank could be 30 litres, but then I realised the L stands for Long and it's actually 30 gallons!

Does hte Radion cover the 3ft? Love the unusual dimensions but I thought could be tricky to light.

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
I was wondering for a minute how a 3ft tank could be 30 litres, but then I realised the L stands for Long and it's actually 30 gallons!

Does hte Radion cover the 3ft? Love the unusual dimensions but I thought could be tricky to light.
Tricky or right hahaha I have been researching lights for a while was going to go with two Kessil A360W's but decided on the Radion Pro with the 120 degree Lenses for the controllability even though Ecosmart live is such a pain in the butt, fingers crossed that it will be enough as I will try and mount it a tad higher or there will be a radion XR30 Pro on the marketplace :)

Last edited:

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
You might be a little disappointed in purchasing a long tank for the purposes of watching your fish use the space - if you get clowns they won't venture far from whatever they choose to host them. They usually just "bobble" in and around their little grapefruit size space of water.
Yes that is correct about clowns but I will be stocking it with more fish and inverts clowns will just be the start

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Tricky or right hahaha I have been researching lights for a while was going to go with two Kessil A360W's but decided on the Radion Pro with the 120 degree Lenses for the controllability even though Ecosmart live is such a pain in the butt, fingers crossed that it will be enough as I will try and mount it a tad higher or there will be a radion XR30 Pro on the marketplace :)
2x XR15 might be a better bet, but see how you go with the unit you have. I just worry you will have a lot of light spill.

Where did you buy the tank if you don't mind me asking?

Vanski

Aug 11, 2014
Toongabbie
2x XR15 might be a better bet, but see how you go with the unit you have. I just worry you will have a lot of light spill.

I bought the tank online from majestic aquariums but when it arrived cracked I had to pick up a new one from aquariumsaustralia is Sydney, think their the wholesaler for nuvo aquariums while I there I saw the SR series which is their bigger shallow reef tanks and they looked awesome, he even showed me maxspects new celestial pendant that will be available in a couple weeks a 70 watt version of the c35 they have now if I don't get enough coverage from the radion I might go 2 of the c70 maxpects should be cheaper then 2 xr15's big shout out to George there who handled it pretty quick and also gave me a IM shirt :)

Last edited:

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
been thinking of something similar for a tank at home, contemplating between his and a cadlights tank.

interesting with the lighting options, i was thinking2x Radion 15's or a single or double kessil 360, will be watching this for sure :)

btw :welcome

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong

I wonder how possible it would be to hack open the XR30 and add some additional space ( or separate each cluster entirely - they would still need a cable between them obviously..). Would be a heck of a lot cheaper than 2x XR15's?

Sam

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
XR15's are $600.

Personally I'd rather buy a used XR30 (older generation even) for $250 and hack it open ;)

$950 saved for kick ass coral and fish

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012

I have a SR60 and was going to go down the twin XR15 route after considering XR30/XR15, Kessils, Maxspec Razors, T5's, AI Hydra 26 & 52's & Illumagic Blaze S..

Decided to go the Illumagic Blaze for purchase price, programability (without having to buy an external controller for full functions/control) lighting spread.

With the XR30 Radion I was worried about having dark shadows on the top corners of the tank OR having to lift the light unit high enough and it becomes annoying by spilling everywhere over/around the tank..