Reef Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I won't have any to give away for a bit. For the moment I'm concentrating on propogating three new macro types.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
ATTENTION ALL

We/I seem to have lost track of this a little.

If you have received some of this macro please add you name and state to THIS list and/or your status regarding ability to supply. To keep it simple put the number of serves you have ready now and a short note. See my entry for an example. Just cut and paste the list adding your name to it in your reply

Also there is a discussion thread for comparing growth rates, methods, lighting etc.

THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED MACRO

@ijg3956 VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@chimaera VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@rockerpeller VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@malau NSW 1 serve available
@TheJordans VIC - Have received our starter serve and have split it between two sumps. Will update here when we have some available.
@ethana123 QLD
@chrispc66 WA
@vpreef VIC
@daniel VIC
@Sarg VIC
@MagicJ TAS
@captivereef SA
@marineclass QLD

WAITING LIST

@zeebull
@Kiwi
@Kirky
@MichaelBinns VIC
@Nayth
@richardr
@Damjan VIC
@RobbieMVFC VIC
@RNGracias WA
@Oceanarium WA
@Fishy TAS

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
OK. Time to close the waiting list again while we service the list we have. No more names (waiting) on this list please.

So who that has received macro can pay it forward???

@malau could you make contact and supply @zeebull please?

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
unfortunately mine got sucked through the power head not once not twice but 4 freaking times and i lost it in the tank -.- i assume its dead so yeah i'm not much help sorry :(

malau

Oct 13, 2011
OK. Time to close the waiting list again while we service the list we have. No more names (waiting) on this list please.

So who that has received macro can pay it forward???

@malau could you make contact and supply @zeebull please?
Just PMed waiting for postage confirmation as he is in QLD not in NSW

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Hello....thanks for the macro, I did return some additional macro species to two VIc reefers on here for grow out and sharing.

My chaeto is going OK. I did give 50% of what I received to another WA society member to grow out as well.

I'm not in a position to return macro to the east, happy to share amongst WA society members. Hopefully the clumping chaeto and dead mans fingers I sent east go can be grown and shared around.

Many thanks for the macro sent over with this scheme. I am glad I could send some other varieties back your way. I hope this can be shared around, as I am attempting to do over here in the west with the macro sent.

Cheers....:)

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
I've got my fingers crossed! Can't wait to (hopefully) try out some of that Dead Man's Fingers with our ponies!! :D
Well there's some within this macro scheme, can't see why this wont go well for reefuge members over there in wet and windy Vic......:)

I'm been a bit over generous with this macro over here, have spread it around in WA, so personal stock is low at the moment. I could spare another package for your ponies though. Just pm me your details and I'll send some over express post.

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
Well there's some within this macro scheme, can't see why this wont go well for reefuge members over there in wet and windy Vic......:)

I'm been a bit over generous with this macro over here, have spread it around in WA, so personal stock is low at the moment. I could spare another package for your ponies though. Just pm me your details and I'll send some over express post.
Keep me on the posted when you are ready to Share, I will come and pick it up.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
My second lot died off, ill give it a little while before I try again.

Brekel

Jun 8, 2012
Hobart
I'm keen to acquire:

View attachment 14752
Halimeda sp.
Hey Ian - I can hopefully help you with some Halimeda very similar to this. You'll have to wait a little while though. I had some growing well, but when the tank cracked the rock was in a temporary tub for a while, then in a different position in the new tank with lower lighting, and it's not doing so well now and starting to encrust with purple coralline algae. I'm about to move it, and if it comes back ok I'll send you some. It grew from nothing out of the live rock, so I'm hoping it'll come back again.[/quote]

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Received my Cheato today, Thanks Malau:worship
Hopefully will be able to pass some on soon when it grows.

@ijg3956 VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@chimaera VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@rockerpeller VIC - 0 serves available, growing more.
@malau NSW 1 serve available
@TheJordans VIC - Have received our starter serve and have split it between two sumps. Will update here when we have some available.
@ethana123 QLD
@chrispc66 WA
@vpreef VIC
@daniel VIC
@Sarg VIC
@MagicJ TAS
@captivereef SA
@marineclass QLD
@zeebull QLD

WAITING LIST
@Kiwi
@Kirky
@MichaelBinns VIC
@Nayth
@richardr
@Damjan VIC
@RobbieMVFC VIC
@RNGracias WA
@Oceanarium WA
@Fishy TAS

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Well, aren't I glad that I split ours between two tanks?! The cheeky little (big!!) crab in one of our sumps managed to Houdini his way from the return into the refugium and ate it all!! So we're a tad behind now, but thankfully we still have a third of what we were given! (And it's growing pretty well, touch wood! :D )

Just shows you: sometimes it pays to have a little insurance policy on these things ;)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I know the list isn't really in order of priority, but based on convenience ... I'll give some to @MichaelBinns assuming he will be popping around for the zoas he bought.

@Bdear22 added you to the list =0)

@ijg3956 VIC
@chimaera VIC - 1 serve will give to @MichaelBinns
@rockerpeller VIC
@malau NSW
@TheJordans VIC
@ethana123 QLD
@chrispc66 WA
@vpreef VIC
@daniel VIC
@Sarg VIC