Off-Topic

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
agree with that.
the sv6 dont even get 200kw atw. LOL :p
theoretically they're sposed to be 210kw, but they're low on torque. The FG inline 6 has 15 less kilowatts, but has substantially more torque. :D
atw.. meh. Dyno ratings vary so bloody much between operators :P

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
Haha whoops I mean 210 kw is 281hp I've done exhaust and intake, mate has the same as mine with exhaust and intake and just the intake bumped up 19kw hopefully I'm gettin a tune soon :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
haha, yeah, good luck getting 70kw out of just those mods! I wouldn't be expecting more than half that without force feeding :D If you want many more horses than that, you might as well just have bought a v8 :P

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Did a nice burnout yesterday to :) I was proud :p and I beat a vy ss :)
Pfft. Don't cry if you loose your car :D

Beating a VY SS - meh. Half the fuck wits I've seen driving them have no clue how to transfer that many horses to the road properly. The other half wouldn't waste valuable petrol dragging P platers :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
LOL you no a CAI can actualy make you loose power when incorrectly installed or not having a full tune to the management system.
show us the dyno chart :D if you made any more then 160rwKW on an average between 3 dynos ill give you 20K

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
Il try find the dunk photo of his car, my cousins own one of
Melbourne best tuning company's, they put the intake in, a company in melb are bringing out a cam kit for the sidi engines, apparently it has gained 50kw so far that's no tune and just a exhaust, I was thinking of it gettin done, don't get me wrong id love a v8 but I'm only 18 :( fucken sucks, I won't loose the car :) I got this scanner thing tells you where mobile police cars are :) and I only do stupid shit where I no it is safe.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Il try find the dunk photo of his car, my cousins own one of
Melbourne best tuning company's, they put the intake in, a company in melb are bringing out a cam kit for the sidi engines, apparently it has gained 50kw so far that's no tune and just a exhaust, I was thinking of it gettin done, don't get me wrong i.d love a v8 but I'm only 18 :( fucken sucks, I won't loose the car :) I got this scanner thing tells you where mobile police cars are :) and I only do stupid shit where I no it is safe.
Problem is with all these mods if that you're never going to get your money back, and if you do decide to sell it, the mods make it clear that the person who's had it has thrashed the shit out of it.
And after all that, if you can't make that many horses do everything you need on the street, then you seriously don't know how to drive it, or you're just arseholing around (in which case get off the streets).

Be wary of any type of radar detection device that might tell you where cop cars are. If you're caught with it, your arse will be grass. If it's just a radio scanner, then that's OK. If it's radar detector, you'll be in a whole new world of shit.

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
I no how to handle it, done defensive drivin courses been on skid pans fucken fun as, I only payed 14 for it and it's registerd for 34 so il get it back unless I write it off

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
don't put peoples lives at risks, defensive driving? you have been driving for like 2 years!

Definition of probationary prohibited vehicle (from 1 July 2007)
A vehicle that:
  • has an engine with eight cylinders or more, or
  • has an engine that is turbocharged or supercharged (except those listed in the probationary vehicle database). There are also some lower powered turbocharged or supercharged vehicles which have been exempted and can be operated by a probationary driver who has been given an exemption by VicRoads. Refer to lower performance turbocharged or supercharged vehicles and the probationary vehicle database for more information
  • has an engine that has been modified to increase the vehicle's performance (other than a modification made by the manufacturer in the course of the manufacture of the vehicle, or
  • a nominated high performance six cylinder engine (refer to the probationary vehicle database).

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
Vicroads isn't going to pull my engine apart are they, not bothered, I've got the nicest car out of all my mates so I don't care haha, nah I'm not that stupid to do shit with people around, I couldn't live with my self if I killed someone

V

'vspec'

lol, Dave, I believe you have found the primer validating your perspective.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I no how to handle itf
Cemetery is full of young blokes that think the same thing. You're almost old enough to start burying some of your mates who were all pretty good drivers who thought the same stupid thing. If you don't have a healthy fear of what the engine under you is capable of doing to you at the worst possible time, then one day you're going to learn the hard way. Or your parents will, when they bury you.

Defensive driving courses aren't there to teach you how to thrash a car. They do seem to lull kids into a sense of security that they think they know how to control 1 1/2 tons of metal when it's out of control. When you've had a tyre blow out at 100km/hr and send you sideways, you get a whole new respect for speed, and just how close you are to being a passenger in your own car. No amount of defensive driving skill does shit when you're sideways at that speed. In the second or two that you're a passenger trying to control something that can't be controlled, you find yourself wondering whats going to stop you. Perhaps it'll flip, maybe you'll take out a car coming the other way.. or a truck. Maybe it'll send you off the road into a tree. Will you die instantly, or are you going to lay there in agony and spend a few hours dying? All while that's going through your head, you're trying to take back control of something that despite your understanding of physics, you know is pretty much impossible.
Then there's what happens after it. And there's a lot of things you really didn't think about until you've experienced it.

V

'vspec'

I skipped the p plate thing, didn't even know it existed in Vic till years later.

V

'vspec'

Yeah he bought this. We just happened to add the finishing touch on it over night!
awww.automopedia.org_wp_content_uploads_2009_01_bigspoiler.jpg