Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Love the list mate!! It's going to make for a sweet tank :D I'll happily vouch for the Kamoer doser too, I use one for my tank and it's such a simple, solid doser! :) You look pretty set and solid for equipment to me.
I can't wait to see the tank up and running though!!

BlakeyBoyR

Aug 5, 2014
Thanks Wrangy. As I'm sure you know, there's so many products out there, it can be challenging narrowing it all down!

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
Don't get the Hanna checkers or reagents from the ReefShop.

Get them from Hanna in Melbourne direct. Or from Hanna online. Better service and guaranteed.

Avoid Guppies like the plague and try to get what you can from Ben at Age of Aquariums (service second to none)

BlakeyBoyR

Aug 5, 2014
I know Ben personally from back when he lived at Penrith. I've contacted him to price match as much as possible. The only things I'll be getting from guppys are things where a return or refund is unlikely. I don't trust them to honour their products.
I'll definitely contact Hanna directly. Thanks for the heads up :)

BlakeyBoyR

Aug 5, 2014
I've decided to go 3x400w Giesemann Megachrome Crystal Halides + T5. I'll start a new thread/topic in my journal once I order :) If anyone has any tips about any of the other equipment I've mentioned, please let me know :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I've decided to go 3x400w Giesemann Megachrome Crystal Halides + T5. I'll start a new thread/topic in my journal once I order :) If anyone has any tips about any of the other equipment I've mentioned, please let me know :)
Awesome! :D cannot wait to see this tank running mate!! I love halides but I'm too poor to afford running them :P

ToxicMel

Jul 18, 2013
Hervey Bay
I personally would increase the size of your return pumps. Having that extra oomph at times helps... They are DC controllable as well, so u can turn them down. But if you decide to T off reactors etc down the track, you wont need to go buy yet another pump. I personally always have redundancy with a spare... So if one does die (and you dont live near an LFS) you can use one larger pump, to run what you need.