Off-Topic

E

ezza

Hair!
So as not to high jack any other threads... I got my hair done today, it is inspired by wrasses, and my little ponies :D

@OSCAR85, they did a 10.2 today. It's just delicious!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
lol @ my little ponies! I have been informed that I will learn all about this phenomena over the next few years :)

Looks cool - nice work!

E

ezza

Could you imagine this thread appearing on any reef forum but The Reefuge :)
I used to be on a fantasy book forum.... This ain't nothin' compared to that! It was the Wild West of forums!

E

ezza

So after the big hair debacle of the last couple weeks... A (different to above) hairdresser destroyed my hair. It was massively "over processed" and was breaking off in my hand every time I washed or brushed it. So today I got it all cut off. I'm likely to grow it again someday... But I think I'm going to have some major fun with it while it's short! It's been a big thing to have to cope with as I was horrendously teased when growing up (especially after a hairdresser buggered my hair and cut it all off once 20 years ago) and had/have some self esteem issues. But here goes... The unveiling!

image.jpg

Now I can wear all my funky necklaces I used to use for decoration because they would pull my hair out!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Nothing wrong with that hair, I dated a girl that had an orange Mohawk in high school. M had purple poke berry stains in her hair when we started dating.

Boxermom

Nov 10, 2014
Ezza, I would be kinda bummed if that were me, but that's only because my hair doesn't grow nice like yours was. I really can't get away with long(er) hair, so I always feel a little spark of jealousy when I see that hairstyle you had before. I've lived and died to be able to wear it that way....just ends up looking like crap and I get it all cut off again. Even worse, it grows so damn slow!

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
I have to suffer through a hair cut tomorrow... :/ Something bad is going to happen lol

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
My last hair cut was about 15 years ago when M forgot to snap on the clipper blade guard and gave me a surgical hair cut, lol. I started shaving the following week.

E

ezza

@Boxermom , I honestly had a total mental breakdown in the salon when the hairdresser stuffed my hair. After a couple of days I realised that this is my chance to redo the disastrous haircut given to me 20 years ago by a stupid hairdresser who mistook "short bob" for "an inch all over". In your adolescence, that is not something you can deal with easily. I was teased, ridiculed, and lost all self esteem. But here is my chance to rock the cut with colour and product and make the most of it. My hair will grow, and I'll do my best to take care of it as I always have. No doubt my creative desires will have me trashing it again in no time.

In reality, I shouldn't try to have longer hair as it's really fine and just not up to the treatment it gets put through. What kind of expectations do we have for ourselves as women?! As I left the shopping centre after the salon yesterday, I felt totally segregated by my short hair. It just is not the norm at all to be female with short hair! But the reality is, not all of us have hair that should be long. I am a total black sheep in the herd.

I'm still not happy with the colour of the original regrowth that the first hairdresser never bleached properly. I think I want to try to get into the new hairdresser on my day off to see if they can just lift it through the red and give me some happy christmas snowy white hair.

Boxermom

Nov 10, 2014
I've always been told that my face "goes better" with short hair. In reality, it's never been long....I give up before it hits shoulder length. All it does then is bush out and make my face look fat, lol.

The worst thing with short hair is that you don't have the option of tying it back if it looks like shit...you HAVE to do something with it. My solution is a baseball cap, I call it my "ugly hair hat". Then I get "sirred" all the time.

Good show rockin' the short hair!