News

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Looks good ... But i dont think we need to go as far as the lower link
For peppermint shrimp / morphs etc. , A 600ml coke bottle works well , Just need to make sure that it wont get stuck in the neck of the bottle , that way its never out of water .
Recycle ;)

Noro

May 6, 2012
Perth
We should move this frag trading system discussion to a new thread, I think we've missed the point of the OP.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I have a couple of the 1kg Aquasonic powdered sup plastic containers around here. There pretty tough, water tight, screw top lid and clear..
TK509.jpg

You can get these without labels (as mine are currently) I find them great for collection trips where you can drill holes in them and put specimens in the whilst diving

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I have sent a few parcels with a number of frags in zip lock bags with some filter wool to stop the sliding around and enough water to cover the frag and then pack the bags in a $1 take away container from cheap as chips and wrap up with tape and cover in bubble wrap. I have had nearly 100% success rate with this method and its cheap (like $5 - $6 for 4 frags)...

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I have sent a few parcels with a number of frags in zip lock bags with some filter wool to stop the sliding around and enough water to cover the frag and then pack the bags in a $1 take away container from cheap as chips and wrap up with tape and cover in bubble wrap. I have had nearly 100% success rate with this method and its cheap (like $5 - $6 for 4 frags)...
Loved the way you packed mine.:)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
You can always wet wrap
Not shrimp tho
Is that the same as dry shipping?
Big fan of dry shipping zoas. Enough research has been done by the right people with enough explanation as to why it's the best way to ship them ;)
Doesn't help with more sensitive stuff. I need to move some morphs soon, need to think about how to ship them lol.

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
close to the same
I think dry is put the frag in a zip lock bag with just a tad of water , and wet is wrap it in very wet paper in a zip lock bag with a tad of water
I think I've done it to morphes as well .. I've even had acro sent to me that way ... Not saying it will always work for acro , But mine arrived safe anyway

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Nah - dry shipping still needs the paper. It's necessary to keep the coral moist. It also absorbs the water you put in with it to keep it away from the corals directly.

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
In that case it is the same :)
I read a few post about not using the paper just the zip lock and a tad of water some where tho
i'v never tried that way .... wet ( I should say *Dry* ) shipping for me :) all the way :D

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Thats pretty much what I do but with filter wool instead of paper... It seems to work well for morphs and zoas. Xenia gets knocked around a bit and the only thing I have lost this way is a torch...

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
isn't there some rules with sending liquid in the post though?
My new additions leaked while in the post van .. They refused to deliver it ..Just sent it straight to the post office
When i picked it up i apologized .. She said ... Dont be silly , Its not your fault :) :D

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Thats pretty much what I do but with filter wool instead of paper... It seems to work well for morphs and zoas. Xenia gets knocked around a bit and the only thing I have lost this way is a torch...
Yeah my xenia didn't survive unfortunately but shit happens. Everything else doing well.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
If user tagging is possible on the new system, smartfill would be awesome ... so I don't have to check how many "a"s are in @Joshwaaaa 's userid, I can just type "joshw" and choose the right username.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
If user tagging is possible on the new system, smartfill would be awesome ... so I don't have to check how many "a"s are in @Joshwaaaa 's userid, I can just type "joshw" and choose the right username.
Hi @chimaera,

Smartfill is active now, but for some reason it works on some browsers and not on others. I am not going to worry about fixing it for this platform, but I will make sure to add it to the list.

Thanks.