Reef Discussion

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Last test was < 0.03. This was one week after a 50% water change, when I test all parameters to ensure my dosing regime is going OK. My total tank volume is only 350 L so all PO4 is from food, and fish waste. I have few fish, all small varieties.

I harvest a couple of handfuls of caulerpa branchypus each fortnight

A few days after a water change my PO4 is normally 0.015 or below. To remove this I would need to use a PO4 removal product, but my tank is going OK at the levels quoted above.

Cheerio...:)

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Last test was < 0.03. This was one week after a 50% water change, when I test all parameters to ensure my dosing regime is going OK. My total tank volume is only 350 L so all PO4 is from food, and fish waste. I have few fish, all small varieties.

I harvest a couple of handfuls of caulerpa branchypus each fortnight

A few days after a water change my PO4 is normally 0.015 or below. To remove this I would need to use a PO4 removal product, but my tank is going OK at the levels quoted above.

Cheerio...:)
Thanks for the advice. I tried looking for a tj or pics of your tank but couldn't find any. Id love to see it. Can you post one ?:D

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Hello...page 4 of the full tank shots thread in reef tanks forum. Things have grown out significantly again since that pic too. Might update soon.

Sorry, joined the reefuge too late for a tank journal, been doing this for 6 years now when we done things the hard way.....still the same DT / sump setup I started with though.

Cheers....:)