General How Big A Light?

Discussion in 'General Reef Related Discussion' started by Fats, Dec 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Fats

Fats Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Australia
    State:
    QLD
    hey everyone. Looking at putting on either an AI prime or AI hydra 26 HD onto my aquaone minireef 150. Its a 150ltr cube. From what i read it seems the prime is bordeline ok this size tank. Since the tank is cube i feel the single ligth of the prime would give an even distribuation where as going the hydra would mean a more rectangluar distribution but obviosuly brighter....anyone used these lights on similar tanks? Thoughts?
  2. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,676
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    To me, I like lots of light, so would be leaning towards the 26. However, if you are keeping more LPS corals than SPS corals, I am sure the prime would be enough.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Azfish

Azfish Member

Ratings:
    +294
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    I have the minireef 150 and i run a hydra 52 over it, I would say the 26 would work as well, the prime would not get the coverage required.
  4. somethingfishy76

somethingfishy76 Member

Ratings:
    +720
    Australia
    State:
    qld
    Two HD's would give you better option for spread wouldn't it? You can place them evenly apart...?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fats

Fats Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Australia
    State:
    QLD
    No sps at all yet...though still very early in the game
  6. Fats

Fats Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Australia
    State:
    QLD
    Woh at 52! didn't even consider that haha. Main reason you went the 52 over the 26? Dodnt think the 26 would be enough?