Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I Committed A Heinous Crime!
So not only have I been wasting precious acro money on fish, I may have committed a far worse crime on my last trip over to Dave's.... :eek

FLUBBER :dead lol I must admit I've secretly been looking for some amazing and crazy awesome acan's to add to the tank for a bit of flubber pop and they're easy to deal with as well which is nice, symphyllia is one of my favourites but waayyy too volatile for an sps tank!
I ended up picking up two crazy little frags of two different acan species from Dave's instead of any acro and that's no small thing lol After a few weeks tank life and a little bit of growth the real specialness of these guys will come to light! Here's some pics anyways :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_newacans2_zpspijy3xmg.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_newacans_zpsi0wn2xdu.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Mate, acans are not flubber - any serious acro head has a few rainbow acans stashed in the shade out the way of dragon breath light.

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I must admit to also eyeing a few Acans off myself but I have more control than YOU!!!...lol
There are some stunning ones around , nice buy.

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
Just always complaining u are :p they look really good.

When are you fragging up that bright red piece.

Don't be as precious as @samparker with things u frag. He hehe

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong

You can keep pestering about my st thomas as long as you like, but I aint fragging it!!!

and some salt for those wounds:
as25.postimg.org_lotjg47kf_IMG_7777.jpg
LOL

Last edited:

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
meh, you have LPS already. Not a crime, unless it was a crime of good taste. They look the goods man :)
That is true lol it is the first piece of fleshy LPS I've added though :) thanks, they should get better over time too! They've already brightened significantly since being added :)

Mate, acans are not flubber - any serious acro head has a few rainbow acans stashed in the shade out the way of dragon breath light.
Haha that is very true, I might add one or two more small ones and that should do me for non-sps/zoa content lol

I must admit to also eyeing a few Acans off myself but I have more control than YOU!!!...lol
There are some stunning ones around , nice buy.
Haha you're doing well then Rob :P I'll never weaken far enough to get euphyllia though lol
I'm definitely happy :)

Very nice, they'll look tasty under the acro branches. :)
They sure do :) especially as it's a nice pale plating piece too so they really stand out :)

Hey, I'm white and male! I need to complain about something :P

I could/should frag that chalice up and grow it out :) it's bloody awesome!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I missed the whole Riccordia craze although I must admit I had a couple of morphs when I first started out, with regard to the eyphillia you mentioned I know they are potential SPS killers , are Rics? And would we ever see them in your tank.

I kind of would like a dozen in mine!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I missed the whole Riccordia craze although I must admit I had a couple of morphs when I first started out, with regard to the eyphillia you mentioned I know they are potential SPS killers , are Rics? And would we ever see them in your tank.

I kind of would like a dozen in mine!
I'd never have euphyllia in the same tank lol. Rics are in close contact but fine in the same tank, I maayyyy have a very nice red/pink ric pup with my name on it already :P haha

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I'd never have euphyllia in the same tank lol. Rics are in close contact but fine in the same tank, I maayyyy have a very nice red/pink ric pup with my name on it already :p haha
:D
You are welcome to your mixed reef tank... Because we need people like you to balance the sick in the head, Zoa frothing ,coloured stick wielding characters like me.
:p
Sarcasm aside - to be honest I would love a hammer / frogspawn garden with a dozen Rics:rofl

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
:D
You are welcome to your mixed reef tank... Because we need people like you to balance the sick in the head, Zoa frothing ,coloured stick wielding characters like me.
:p
Sarcasm aside - to be honest I would love a hammer / frogspawn garden with a dozen Rics:rofl
SPS dominated mixed reef** :P

Euphyllia never did do anything for me, I'd be getting fleshy LPS, acans, brains, symphyllia :D gonis and those sorts :) and just run blue leds alllllllllllll the time haha

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
SPS dominated mixed reef** :p

Euphyllia never did do anything for me, I'd be getting fleshy LPS, acans, brains, symphyllia :D gonis and those sorts :) and just run blue leds alllllllllllll the time haha
How good is shopping in a LFS???
My LFS has been closed for months.
Suffering mass LFS withdrawal symptoms over here. Last time I visited a LFS was on the national meeting crawl. Wonder what a Goni would taste like right now??? It's been so long.

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
How good is shopping in a LFS???
My LFS has been closed for months.
Suffering mass LFS withdrawal symptoms over here. Last time I visited a LFS was on the national meeting crawl. Wonder what a Goni would taste like right now??? It's been so long.
Were overseas for a week and had to find the mgm Macau aquarium..... We couldn't even survive a week.... Let alone what it would be like with out LFS