Off-Topic

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
I Don't Often Rant About News...
PhotoGrid_1399336723900.jpg
But seriously?! The broads on Sunrise?! Garbage. They said that because I'm a tattooed woman I unattractive to men (my husband must have missed that memo) and will regret it. I wonder if that was supposed to happen before or after I traveled the world by 28 doing this for a living.

Last edited:

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I heard one of the guys on triple m chatting about this earlier and he basically called her a moron for saying what she said lol.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
good for your Randi - give em hell! I think I have seen that segment about 4 times and every time I start screaming at the TV at how stupid they are. The other day one of the birds gave some US celebrity a hard time for the outfit she was wearing as it showed too much skin. Flash back to the set in Australia and this past-her-use-by-date presenter has a mesh top on with a bra underneath?!?! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
One more of the endless reasons why i don't watch tv - from the moronic, one-sided news reporting to the inane "hot topics" (seriously, I don't give a rats fuck in a wind tunnel who slept with who, why and how much weight they lost doing it) to the robotic parroting of the company line - it is all mind-numbingly predictable slop.
Its designed to make viewers feel a part of a majority social group, whose valuess are acceptable and widely held. It makes the viewer feel safe and comfortable because they don't have to step outside their own comfort zone to explore unfamiliar ideas and come to their own conclusions via that little-used process called "thinking".
Which is how we end up with talkshow hosts who can only string a sentence together when its typed on a screen infront of them.
I have tattoos and piercings and my hair has been corvette red, candy pink and will soon be taking a dip in grape purple soon. I don't do any of these things because I'm trying to get attention - what other people think of me is none of my business. I do it for the same reason I belonged to amateur theatre groups, indulged in paraflying, gliding and
skinny dipping. Its the same reason I've lived on a yacht, on a 70,000 hectare cattle property with no electricity and took a quick jaunt to the US (nobody knew where I was and I was reported missing).
I did, and do, all this for the same reason other people spend thousands on fashion accessories, or make up, or jewellery or whatever their "thing" is: for fun.
We do it for fun. It amuses me to look in the mirror and see hot pink hair. It amuses me to learn new things (I can weld, fight bushfires, ride horses, drive a forklift, touch type, manage an office, cook meals without a recipe)
My experiences make me who I am. Some of my experiences I have chosen to commemorate on my body - the death and birth of my daughter is tattooed over my heart, where I keep her always. The redback spider was a practical joke on my ex-husband, before we married. These life events have flavoured my ideas and views of the world. They are memories and rites of passage.
Only an ignorant, spiritually shallow person would brand these "ugly".
Only someone who fears the world and the future would think someone like me would regret my tattoos. Only a small mind would fail to appreciate the full beauty of who, and what, I am.
Their loss, Randi.
;) xo

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
This is the reason I don't own a TV. We purchased a projector at 1/4 of the price of a decent tv and made a giant projector screen out of wood and curtain blackout material for $100.

So, we download out entertainment and use netflix= 100% what I want to watch, no moronic ads or idiots telling me what to think. Best thing I ever did.

Good on you for giving them a serve. They are all complete idiots on that 'news' show.