News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Ideas
Hi everyone,

I would just like to get everyones input on how we can increase forum activity. What activities or topics should we focus on? What makes you post on this forum? What would make you want to post more on this forum?

Thanks.

V

'vspec'

In my very brief overview, it looks like you guys have already made a decent start with the forum. So congrats on the new endeavour.

Quality workbench programs, national mentor-ship programs, video logs, supplier and trader interviews, affiliated product reviews, visionary product building and incentive programs, new and cutting edge material awareness, category build-off competitions, strategic (see poached) international members of sufficient knowledge to keep in touch with global trends ect ect. These are some of the elements (in my own opinion) that will make a stand against the worlds best.

America and Europe for example, have it pretty easy on the exposure front, as money is a pretty big factor driving the hobby gears. We on the other hand, seem to have oodles of talent, yet not enough people driving it! Once again, in my opinion only, however i believe there is a massive gap that can be filled by co-ops of ozzies that pull their finger out to make things happen.

As for the forum itself, a knowledgeable and civil culture is a sure fire way of maintaining interest. Guiding the green and uninitiated correctly also swells the ranks. Other than that the rest would sort itself out.

Just thinking out load at any rate, as I mentioned, I'm brand new here, so I may very well be speaking out of tune!

V-out

I think it is off to a great start, perhaps getting a few LFS on board that give members a discount could potentially be a good a idea if it was worked properly.

IE: if the stores advertised the forum in-store and the forums advertised the store etc

Just thinking out loud here

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi guys,

Thanks for the ideas, they are all really great ideas. The video idea is great and would love to get something like that happening.

Thanks.