Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Received my rb chip guys, fixed it into place on my fixture and it looks a lot more better now. A much more even colour tone. Hopefully will be setting up my tank next week as the stand is taking such a long time to be made.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys, it's been about a week now since I've changed over tanks and thus changing my lighting. The corals are responding rather well than expected under the illumagic combo rays. I myself enjoy the simplistic look of the fixture with the rotatable legs on the tank.

The rotatable legs make cleaning the acrylic cover really easy as I tend to get saltwater splashed onto it whilst doing tank maintenance. Also I really do love the fact that these units suck up next to nothing in power consumption and also giving a very nice shimmer effect inside the tank.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys, I just wanted to update you guys and specially anyone who's running a combo ray or thinking of running a combo ray. It's been two weeks since the transfer and the lighting transition over from my old unit to the combo ray.

I can confidently say the corals are responding very well to it. As you can see from the top down photo.. The corals are all nicely coloured up again and fully expanded. To be truthfully honest about these lights.. I'd recommend it to any hobbyist looking for a simple DIY led fixture for a softie and lps setup.

I'm yet to try sps under them but I will be testing out a couple frags of sps and see how they do so until then i can't review on how they'll do under the combo ray.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
It now commences.. Keeping sps corals under the combo ray. I just received a frag of the famous Dallas acro. I thought this would be best suited to try out the lighting as it's more forgiving in terms of lighting needs and parameter needs. I will be upping the game by adding frags of different species but for now. The Dallas will be the first sps to under go the test.

Watch this space for anyone that's keen to try softies. Lps and now sps under the combo ray. Updates will follow.

image.jpg