Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Inhabitants
Time to start a section on the inhabitants of the tank.

The zoas and the big ric/rhod/morph in the middle are from the crawl.
shcoral2.jpg

Pipefish and another of the ric/rhods from the crawl.
pipe1.jpg

The ponies.
sh1.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Not really been checking in very often with a few incidents that pissed me off at my last meets and family health issues its just not a priority any more. Don't get me wrong I still like my tanks but having said that anyone interested in a complete Aquaone setup with livestock drop me a line and might be able to work something out.

On to the good stuff and not so good. I euthanized my male seahorse a few days back as he continually had air in his pouch and wasn't getting rid of it this time and health was deteriorating. Everything else in the tank is doing very well, the female seahorse isn't stressing out about no mate and the banded pipefish has grown nicely since I got it. I have loads of starfish all very small except for this one I got a pic of, it is huge when outstretched it is over 15cm,
star2b.jpg

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Gah, sorry the hobby hasn't been giving back what you've needed lately Les :(
I've got one of those giant starfish too - it's like having a monster wandering in the tank. I hope things improve for you soon :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx Holly and Robbie!

No idea why the starfish decided to have a couple of days outside his home but it managed to cover some distance so maybe it was just seeing the sights :-)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Losing my male seahorse is the most upsetting thing I've been through in this hobby, same problem - not pleasant at all, sorry to hear. The females seem to live long lives though. FWIW I always enjoy reading your posts - this hobby ebbs and flows for a lot of us. Hope you are taking time out to do something that re-energises you amidst any stress.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I have a few large balls of macro algae in the tank that are just full of life. This one is around 12cm across and as you can see not something you really want to grab a hold of :-). I stopped counting the starfish in it at 20 one day, worms I have no idea but these things are a decent size.

wurms.jpg